Predict X is on a mission to give every business access to better insights and to facilitate data-driven decisions. Companies are increasingly inundated with data yet struggle to harness the benefits. We help our clients seamlessly integrate their data sources onto one platform. Our technology reduces data complexity, increases data quality and allows business users across the organisation access to advanced data capability to make faster and more reliable business decisions. Headquartered in London, with offices in London, Spain and US, we are looking for intellectually curious individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics.
We are seeking candidates for the role of data scientist to form part of Predict X’s London office. As an early member of this team, you will have a major impact on shaping our data science platform and responsibility for developing novel machine learning solutions. The successful candidate will have both a strong understanding of data science fundamentals and the creativity to apply this to a diverse range of problems.
The London office is Predict X’s data science R&D centre, responsible for innovating, prototyping and developing new data products that will then become part of the Predict X toolset. You will work with development teams in London and Madrid to move these tools to production for use by Predict X’s internal analysts or by external clients directly. Close communication among teams is essential to hone specifications and deliver products on a deadline. Part of the role also involves knowledge sharing with and training of the end user.
● Develop new machine learning products to expand Predict X’s data science capabilities
● Work with clients to produce detailed product specifications, responding pro-actively to client needs
● Find creative ways to generate value from existing data
● Conduct research into new technologies, algorithms and techniques
● Lead the development of a product from prototype through to production
● Coordinate with other members of the Predict X development team worldwide
● Advanced level degree or equivalent experience relevant to data science
● Proven industry experience developing machine learning solutions
● Proficiency in relevant languages and technologies (Python, Scala, SQL, Spark, …)
● Experience of relevant machine learning tools (Scikit-learn, MLlib, Tensorflow, …)
● Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and all key computer science fundamentals
● Expertise in basic and advanced machine learning techniques
● Strong analytical skills and aptitude for problem solving
● Great verbal and written skills
● Able to work to deadlines and cope with fast changing situations
● Strong attention to detail
● Able to work independently and within a team
● PhD in machine learning / numerical discipline
● 2+ years relevant industry experience
● Experience of distributed computing using big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop stack, NoSQL, …)
● Experience of deep learning
● Teaching experience in technical subjects
● Valued member of a fast-growing, employee-focused company
● Develop your skills and make important contributions from day one
● Competitive salary, healthcare and employee benefits
● Company allowance for personal development and training
We are unfortunately unable to sponsor work visas at this time.