Backend Engineer - Geospatial Consultant
Do you enjoy being at the forefront of technological innovation?
PredictX is on a mission to give every business access to better insights and to facilitate data-driven decisions. Companies are increasingly inundated with data yet struggle to harness the benefits. We help our clients seamlessly integrate their data sources into one platform. Our technology reduces data complexity, increases data quality and allows business users across the organisation access to advanced data capability to make faster and more reliable business decisions. Headquartered in London, with offices in London, Spain and USA.
Our product offering includes a geographic based insights service, drawing on multiple natural catastrophe data sets and trillions of data points globally. The service has been extremely successful since launch and consequently we are looking to ramp up the offering and underlying performance of our platform and technical stack.
We are therefore looking for a talented Backend Geospatial Engineer to join our team on a contract basis to help enhance our product and enable the service to support the needs of our users into the future.
Required Skills And Experience
- Extensive experience working with Geoserver and similar geospatial applications including a strong working knowledge of PostGIS, GeoTIFF, Shapefiles and Raster data.
- Agile (Scrum or Kanban)Strong operational knowledge of Linux systems
- Container experience preferred, Kubernetes preferable
- Extensive experience using APIs both for data ingestion as well as data provision
- Review the current setup of our geospatial product - understand our current configuration and current and ongoing needs.
- Provide recommendations for expanding the capacity of the product and the technical changes required to facilitate this
- Lead on configuring and extend our geospatial product to operate at a highly performant levelWork closely with our DevOps team to deploy highly available, scalable and secure cloud infrastructure in on prem (and potentially hybrid cloud) environments using industry best practices
- Work closely with the Development, Quality Assurance and Operations teams to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines to support automated deployments
- Liaison between Engineering, QA, Business Analysts, and other teams for reliable frictionless deployment, operational efficiency, and performance and security
- Research and recommend new product ideas/innovations and proposals on new and emerging technologies
We are looking for someone matching the level of experience described above to join us on a contract basis for an initial 12 week contract with a breakpoint. This however could be extended based on the successes of the initial engagement and recommendations and feedback from the contractor. The individual will sit within our Engineering Team, reporting into our Lead Product Engineer and work extremely closely with our Geospatial QA, Product Owner, DevOps team and wider Engineering Team.