Technical Lead - Java, Big Data, Machine Learning - London
Predict X is on a mission to give every business access to better insights and to facilitate data-driven decisions. Companies are increasingly inundated with data yet struggle to harness the benefits. We help our clients seamlessly integrate their data sources onto one platform. Our technology reduces data complexity, increases data quality and allows business users across the organisation access to advanced data capability to make faster and more reliable business decisions. Headquartered in London, with offices in United Kingdom, Spain and United States. We are looking for intellectually curious individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics.
We are looking for a talented Technical Team Lead to join our office in London. This role will primarily be hands on, developing our new generation platform which we are currently designing and building. Our development team is innovative, autonomous and we love to work on new technologies for designing the modern framework. The Technical Team Lead is required to guide other engineers and help architect and technically design our products and new platform. This role can be moulded depending on the skills of the candidate; we always play to the strengths of the individual.
We are a vibrant and fast paced business offering employees a rich learning experience that help them thrive both professionally and personally. You will enjoy a competitive salary and relaxed working atmosphere.
- Lead in the architecture and design of our new generation platform with emphasis on Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Data Visualisation and concurrent message architectures
- Lead team size of up to 7 fellow engineers and help lead and grow the team to 10-12 developers
- Develop APIs and Business Logic in the backend
- Lead and contribute to the objectives of the dev team, applying Agile methodologies (Scrum and Kanban)
- Discover, introduce and distribute new and emerging technologies that could benefit the team at Predict X
- Test and optimise the code to maintain and improve the standards of the company
Previous Experience Required
- At least 2-3 years’ of architectural experience
- Experience leading a team (as either senior or lead)
- Bsc or Masters in Computer Science or related degree (or proven experience in field)
- Proven experience in either Java (preferably 7/8), Clojure, Python or Scala
- Databases: SQL and NoSQL (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J, Titan, Marklogic or Crate)
- Frameworks: Spring (Core, MVC, Data, Security, XD..), JPA, Jackson, Hibernate, Lucene, Hadoop and/or Spark
- SOA, Microservices, REST, Reactive, Event-Driven
- GIT, Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Subversion, Mingle, Gradle, RabbitMQ
- DevOPs: Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, Mesos, CloudFoundry, Go.cd
- Testing (JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, jMeter or similar)
- Operating systems: Linux/OS
- Experience or understanding in R and machine learning
- Data mining Tools/Frameworks: Elasticsearch, Weka, RStudio, SAS Enterprise Minder, Deeplearning4J
- Frontend in AngularJS, Rancher Kubernetes, Mesos
- Natural Language Processing, Semantic Web
- Previous involvement in hiring processes Data Visualisation with D3
Please note, you must have the right to work either in the UK or Spain without restriction. Predict X is unable to provide sponsorship.
Click here not to miss this opportunity!