In House Legal
HR and Administration
Predict X is on a mission to give every business access to better insights and to facilitate data-driven decisions. Companies are increasingly inundated with data yet struggle to harness the benefits. We help our clients seamlessly integrate their data sources onto one platform. Our technology reduces data complexity, increases data quality and allows business users across the organisation access to advanced data capability to make faster and more reliable business decisions. Headquartered in London, with offices also in Spain and the USA.
We are looking for someone who enjoys the challenge of negotiating clauses that will have a true commercial impact, drafting terms where no precedent exists, covering all bases and thinking outside the box to fulfill business needs. You will be comfortable proposing decisions, spotting curve balls, asking key questions, having a busy workload and coping with fluid priorities and generally being thrown in at the deep end!
You will support growth plans and corporate strategy across all our territories and jurisdictions (as a minimum UK, EU, EMEA, and US), advising on a wide range of issues. Our team operates a collegiate and flat structure within a very dynamic and evolving business, and so opportunities to undertake varied, commercial and strategically important work is the norm.
- Commercial contracts and agreements, which will include advising and aiding negotiations on commercial agreements including drafting/reviewing tenders, proposal contracts, sales/service agreements, statements of work, non-disclosure and licensing agreements.
- Enable growth through novel solutions and emerging business models of a growing SaaS business, including cloud offerings, and digital transformation. Manage and advise on ad hoc legal queries from across the business, including advising on software licensing issues and general contract terms, intellectual property rights, employment contract issues and company policies and legal needs in North America and Spain.
- Ensuring that our organisation is compliant with regulatory filings in all jurisdictions.
- Liaising with the finance on branch incorporations, due diligence, investments and audits.
- Develop and manage changes to Predict X’s Master Service Agreement, incorporating best in class terms and smart risk management.
- Provide general legal advice on day to day operational matters.
- Advise the business on the interpretations of commercial contracts.
- Liaise with the firm’s external counsels.
- Liaise and advise internally on G Cloud and other Frameworks; Ensure the regular returns and re-registrations are made
ISMS Co-ordination (reporting to IG Manager)
- Update all required documentation with internal ISO lead
- Undertake internal audits of ISMS
- Organise ISMSF meetings and documentation.
- Maintain all company information governance compliance including NHS Tool Kit, ISO 27001:2013 certification with BSI and QMS
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong Private Practice or In-House background
- Experience of drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements
- Strong knowledge of contract, data protection, contract law
- Excellent drafting skills and the ability to analyse complex agreements
- Experience of data protection
- Listed company experience - desirable
- Brand Protection and IP/Trademark experience - desirable
- Tech sector experience - desirable
- Graduated from an accredited law school with 3-5 years’ experience in a law firm and/or in-house position
- Strong knowledge of employment law and practices in the UK
- Knowledge of employment law and practices in other jurisdictions in North America and Spain is preferred but not required
- Ability to work autonomously and independently
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively within a geographically distributed team and fast-paced business environment
- Demonstrate ability to think and decide quickly, and to communicate legal issues and solutions clearly and concisely
Our salary range is negotiable.