Backend Engineer - Java, Clojure, Big Data - London
Predict X is on a mission to give every business access to better insights and to facilitate data-driven decisions. Companies are increasingly inundated with data yet struggle to harness the benefits. We help our clients seamlessly integrate their data sources onto one platform. Our technology reduces data complexity, increases data quality and allows business users across the organisation access to advanced data capability to make faster and more reliable business decisions. Headquartered in London, with offices in London, Spain and USA.
We are looking for a talented Backend Engineer to join either our office in London or Madrid. This role will be completely hands on, developing our new generation platform which we are currently designing and building at the moment. Our development team is innovative, autonomous and we love to constantly work on new technologies for designing the modern framework. We work in a relatively flat structure and our engineers are always encouraged to bring new ideas to the table.
This role can be moulded depending on the skills of the candidate and we always play to the strengths of the individual. So, for example, if you are a strong engineer but also have skills in Machine Learning, we will accommodate!
We are a vibrant and fast paced business offering employees a rich learning experience that help them thrive both professionally and personally. You will enjoy a competitive salary and relaxed working atmosphere.
- Develop APIs and Business Logic in the backend
- Contribute to the objectives of the dev team, applying Agile methodologies (Scrum and Kanban)
- Discover, introduce and distribute new and emerging technologies that could benefit the team at Predict X
- Lead in the development of the new platform and products for the Business Analysts with emphasis on Data analytics, Machine Learning and Data Visualisation
- Test and optimize the code to maintain and improve the standards of the company
Previous Experience Required
- At least 2 years’ experience of development in JVM Language
- Bsc or Masters in Computer Science or related degree (or proven experience in field)
- Proven experience in either Java (preferably 7/8), Clojure, Python or Scala
- Databases: SQL y NoSQL (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J, Titan, Marklogic or Crate)
- Frameworks: Spring (Core, MVC, Data, Security, XD..), JPA, Jackson, Hibernate, Lucene, Hadoop and/or Spark
- SOA, Microservices, REST
- GIT, Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Subversion, Mingle, Gradle, RabbitMQ
- DevOPs: Docker, CloudFoundry, Go.cd
- Testing (JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, jMeter or similar)
- Operating systems: Linux/OS
- Experience or understanding in R and machine learning
- Data mining Tools/Frameworks: Elastic Search, Weka, RStudio, SAS Enterprise Minder, Deeplearning4J
- Frontend in AngularJS, D3/D4 or Charts.js
- Natural Language Processing, Semantic Web
Please note, you must have the right to work either in the UK or Spain without restriction. Unfortunately, Predict X is unable to provide sponsorship.
Click here not to miss this opportunity!
**We do not work with recruiters, thank you **