Ruby on Rails Backend Developer
We are looking for a backend developer with web and API development experience who is enthusiastic about clean and performant code to work on high-traffic applications that provide fun creative experiences for millions of people around the world.
- Work on our core product, PicCollage, developing API and CMS systems.
- Lead system architecture and development with attention to performance, stability, scalability, and reliability.
- Collaborate closely with a cross-functional team (including designers, community managers, and PMs) to create new features for users.
- Develop technical specifications for features and system architecture.
- Be passionate about solving challenging problems.
- Have a high standard of code quality and safety.
- Be bold but cautious.
- 3+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails.
- SQL skills to write queries that ActiveRecord can’t handle easily.
- Sufficient knowledge of Unix-like OS to solve server issues.
Have a basic understanding of:
- Web development
- U*NX operating systems
- RDBMS (PostgreSQL)
- NoSQL (Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Network programming
- OOP/SOLID principles
- Design patterns
- Software Architecture