Visual Communication Designer
Come and join PicCollage where you can work with an international team and learn from seasoned developers on a popular mobile app with significant traction (millions of active users per day), as well as on new product ideas! As an equal opportunity employer, we support and accept differences and strive to create a workplace where stimulate creativity, collaboration and learning from all members.
As a Visual Communications Designer, you will take the lead in monitoring, executing and validating the effectiveness of designs based on the brand guidelines, and iterate the brand elements and processes. At the same time you will assist the Marketing team to support new product mockups and smoke tests. You will also be working with different team mates on various design projects. You will participate in executing on key visual artifacts and product stories that bring clarity to strategic narratives & proposed initiatives. Your work should motivate internal & external stakeholders across the organization and should be cohesive enough to drive brand guidance and guidelines. A successful candidate will have shown a strong track record of visual communications design and storytelling.
- Take initiative in leading and managing visual design related projects
- Maintain processes to insert visual design and communication into our branded deliverables
- Execute visual design work that elevates the visual narrative and unifies strategic and brand initiatives
- Participate in building and honing visual quality and practice
- Conduct user feedback sessions of our brand messages through qualitative and quantitative methods
- Test the market opportunities by creating and iterating multiple new product ideas and narrative
- Collaborate with different levels of visual designers and provide guidance if needed
- 4+ years of high quality visual design strategy & production execution
- 2+ years of experience working at a fast-paced startup environment
- Fluent in English
- Highly proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch
- Web design, After Effects skills are a plus
- Ability to convey concepts quickly, and able to manage tight visual mockups through production-ready artwork
- Ability to execute a strong POV on design execution and quality work product. Should illustrate a strong understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and negative space.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable with visually communicating precise detail, and preferably, a good sense of humor
- Loves digital photo/editing apps and greeting card/scrapbook/craft related products
- A good team player, enjoys collaboration and the process of brainstorming and critiquing with fellow designers
We value your interest, and strive to make the interview process fast and informative for you.