Come and join PicCollage where you can work with an international team and learn from seasoned developers on a popular mobile app with significant traction (millions of active users per day), as well as on new product ideas! As an equal opportunity employer, we support and accept differences and strive to create a workplace where stimulate creativity, collaboration and learning from all members.
PicCollage 拼貼趣使用 友善設計 和 先進軟體技術，為世界使用者一起創造和分享快樂！
Do you feel like as a designer, although you do a good job as an individual contributor, your real talent, and passion is in developing people, and designing the conditions for creativity and design to happen? Are you a process geek and love to compare the differences between the traditional design process, the creative process, design thinking, scrum & agile methodologies? and how to help the team become more efficient?
In this role, you will help to cultivate an inspiring software organization that delivers great experiences to its users and fosters a culture of creativity, cross-functional collaboration, and design excellence. As a design manager, you will guide, mentor, and support designers to develop their craft and their careers; create operational efficiencies for fast-paced product execution and effective collaboration; influence product vision and strategy; and participate in guiding the amazing work of the team.
- Manage, nurture and mentor a group of product designers and creatives to do their best work and grow in their career by conducting 1-1 sessions and giving accurate performance evaluations
- Help review project processes to assist designers in translating requests into designs. Is able to understand the big picture of the tasks, help to cook the the design strategy with clear sight of the user and business goals
- Work with designers set clear goals, manage and prioritize their projects, and ensure deadlines are met and check for quality and consistency
- Oversee project timelines and deliverables, allocate project resources, guide production pipeline, and communicate evolving project goals
- Build relationships with cross functional team members to stay aligned on objectives and foster effective collaboration
- Be an inspiring design representative who can actively bring out issues, give good suggestions on how to think about each problem
- Work with the design group to recruit and onboard exceptional design talent
- Participate in departmental strategic planning, understand when it is suitable to bring up issues to ensure that the design team is scalable and working efficiently
- Always communicate efficiently and ensure that there are no surprises or miscommunication on any end
Qualifications in Experiences:
- 2+ industry experience in a people management role on a Design team
- 3+ years of professional design experience
- Portfolio that demonstrates applied experience as a leader in the creative process and a commitment to a user-centered design approach
Qualifications in Skills:
- Fluent in English & Chinese
- Ability to embrace change and ambiguity in an evolving team
- Solid organizational and project management skills and the ability to do resource allocation to balance divergent projects and competing deadlines
- Expert at design process, workshop design, and facilitation
- Excellent communicator and presenter with the ability to persuade and inspire different audiences at varying levels in the company
- Conflict management, understanding how to weather through multiple personalities when there is a conflict and communicate efficiently
- Commitment to learning new concepts in the design & software space
- Highly collaborative, low-ego approach to design
We value your interest, and strive to make the interview process fast and informative for you.