Cambridge, MA /
MTS - Member of Technical Staff /
Do you want to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing, VC backed, robotic logistics company? Then join Pickle Robot! Founded by an all ages cast of MIT alum, we are teaching off-the-shelf robot arms how to pick up boxes and play tetris with them. At Pickle, our goal is to work alongside people in the very messy world of the loading dock, reducing the backbreaking human effort that goes into getting your online orders to your door.
As a deployment engineer, you are the tip of the spear. You will lead the implementation of our robots in logistics warehouses. You will need to be a fast learner & independent thinker who can work with our engineering and go-to-market teams to make our customers happy and successful. You naturally build alliances and can seamlessly integrate with other people: the customer will see you as a trusted teammate. The ideal candidate will be able to grow with the company and take on additional leadership roles over time. This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on the development of our fast-growing fleet of robots deployed in logistics warehouses across the United States. Candidates fluent in Spanish are strongly preferred.
- Deploy and install automation solutions, including industrial robot arms, software, and auxiliary hardware
- Conduct on-site integration and test activities and evaluate post go-live performance metrics
- Introduce and walk through new features with customers directly for timely feedback to software and hardware teams at Pickle HQ for iterative, responsive product development
- Make customers raving fans of our product
- Be the primary field point of contact for customers. Be ready and willing to do whatever it takes to keep customers happy and build trust with them in their own native processes, so they see Pickle as valued fellow team member and not just a contractor
- Help facilitate not only engineering interactions but also support sales and marketing efforts as the front-facing Pickle point of contact to customers while on-site.
- Execute field retrofits. Work with the mechanical, electrical, and software engineers on troubleshooting field issues
- Analytical, technical and problem solving skills that can be applied to real world solutions
- Organization and time management skills. Ability to cope with fluctuating workloads and high stress situations
- Familiarity with linux, python, and git based version control. Experience with cloud based technologies and databases is a plus
- Basic mechanical and electrical repair skills. Are you a tinkerer?
- General understanding of network topologies such as VPNs, firewalls, and routers
- Ability to write tools and scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- Experience reading debug output and recording logs and information on software bugs
- BS in a technical discipline. Experience in services or deployment engineering positions is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Spanish language proficiency is strongly preferred
Annual salary, bonus, & equity commensurate with experience.
Employee benefits include health, dental, & vision insurance; 29 days paid time off (12 holidays, 12 vacation days, and 5 sick days); 401K contributions of 5% your salary (no employee contribution required); $2K “toy budget” for peripherals, travel supplies, and other items to make your working life more fun, comfortable, and productive
Company headquarters are located in Cambridge, MA
Customer sites are scattered across North America.
Position requires significant travel (50%+) to customer sites in North America
Travel will require up to 2 weeks at a time located on-site at customer warehouse