Senior Full Stack Engineer
Cambridge, MA /
MTS - Member of Technical Staff /
About Pickle Robot
Do you want to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing VC-backed robotic automation company? Join Pickle Robot! We’re a diverse team of 18 full-time employees teaching off-the-shelf robot arms how to pick (get it?) & sort parcels. Our goal is to work alongside people in the very messy world of the warehouse & loading dock, reducing the backbreaking human effort that goes into getting e-commerce orders to your door. Having just completed a successful funding round, this year we’re moving beyond development & testing to an even more exciting stage: deploying our robots across North America. That’s where you come in.
As a Software Engineer at Pickle Robot, you will work in a small team of engineers using agile processes to build flexible, configurable software for parcel handling robots. In this position, you will be responsible for design, implementation and validation of major features for our parcel handling robots, as well as for mentoring and leading younger engineers.
- Develop new features across multiple platforms (web-tech, robots and the cloud)
- Mentor, educate and support junior engineers
- Efficient and configurable workflows for collaborative robots driven by behavior trees
- Support deployed solutions in the field with maintenance, debugging and issue resolution.
You Should Have
- A flexible and creative approach to problem solving
- Approximately 10+ years practical experience designing and developing software
- Interest in working with a variety of technologies, including:
- Google Cloud, Docker, Terraform, etc
- TypeScript, NodeJS, ReactJS, etc
- Knowledge of SOLID Principles and their application
- Interest in behavior trees and the real-world applications for robots
- Commitment to rigorous testing and validation (we write lots of unit tests)