Senior Software Engineer
West Coast / Remote /
WHO WE ARE
We are PickTrace, an early-stage software start-up that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. We are a YCombinator company that has raised $33M in Series B funding. We are building the farm management system of the future. Today, we serve some of the largest berry, citrus, and apple growers in the United States and internationally, and our application is used by tens of thousands of farmworkers each day.
Our product and industry are ever-changing, and it is not uncommon for priorities or goals to shift quickly. We are building a world-class organization, and we believe individuals with high mental horsepower can up-level all members of the team around them.
You could leverage your passion for technology to create solutions that will directly impact our food supply chain? The agriculture industry is facing numerous challenges including low productivity and increasing costs, but is one of the least digitized industries in the world. At PickTrace, we’re working to solve these problems and deliver products our customers love. That is why we’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build the SaaS farm management solution of the future, while contributing to the development of a world-class Engineering organization.
This role will report directly to our Chief Technology Officer.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Become well-versed in the workflow and business needs of PickTrace customers in order to craft an elegant, high-performance user experience
- Help advocate for best practices for development processes and deployment
- Help build and maintain a collaborative culture that fosters collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement
- Work fullstack across the back end and front endWrite efficient, scalable, and easily testable APIs
- Write reusable frontend components
- Mentor other engineers
- Contribute to maintainable code by performing code reviews and writing tests
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have 4+ years of experience building web based software
- High level languages similar Go, Kotlin, C#, Python, Java
- Front end languages similar to HTML, CSS, Typescript, and React
- Experience with containerized apps (Docker) is a plus
- Cloud - experienced in setting up, architecting and deploying backend services
- You are an innovative, big picture thinker but ultra-proficient with technical details
- You have a knack for simplifying, breaking down, and honing in on the core elements of problems to drive towards iterative solutions
- You have strong communication skills and can work effectively with a cross-functional team (including with non-technical colleagues)
WHAT TRAITS ARE IMPORTANT TO US
Coachability - You are hungry for feedback on how to improve, embrace the feedback, and quickly implement it into your day-to-day operations.
Curiosity - Our product and industry are ever changing and you have a thirst to seek more knowledge about both on a daily basis.
Work Ethic - You have a unique ability to prioritize your workload and work efficiently through your focus areas in an effective manner.
Preparation - You take pride in being detail oriented and well prepared for the work in front of you. The thought of taking on an initiative without a plan gives you reason to pause.
Adaptability to Change - You are comfortable and flexible to switch your focus rapidly to align with the updated business initiatives.
Intelligence - You consider yourself a strategic thinker, and push conversations forward with co-workers by offering unique perspectives.
Passion - We are disrupting the lowest technology adopting vertical in the world with a best in breed enterprise SaaS workforce management platform and exude excitement about the market opportunity in front of us.
Prior Success - You have a track record of over-achievement, and take pride in ensuring top-level results are achieved in your daily work.
Competitiveness - You are motivated daily to be the best at what you do. When you are outperformed it pushes you harder to up-level your performance.
Brevity - You have a unique ability to break down complex topics into concise and meaningful explanations.
If this sounds like you, we would absolutely love to meet you!