Corporate Counsel (Employment/Litigation)
New York /
G&A – Legal /
PicsArt is looking for an experienced corporate counsel to join our fast-paced Legal team. You will support a broad range of legal matters, with an emphasis on employment and litigation. This is a diverse role, where you will embed with our Talent team as their real-time legal advisor, working on global employee policies, diversity and inclusion efforts, employee wellness, our handbook, and resolving disputes. You will be responsible for all aspects of company litigation. We are a tight-knit, growing Legal team, and you will have ample opportunity to learn across disciplines, including supporting product, operations, and other business teams. This role will have a big impact on our employees and business, and reports directly to the General Counsel.
This is a rare opportunity to join an extremely innovative and dynamic global consumer tech company. PicsArt is the world’s #1 creative platform and social editing app with more than 150M monthly active creators and an install base of more than 1 billion! This position is for salaried, exempt employment and can be based in San Francisco, Los Angeles, or New York City (working from home remotely until it is safe to return to our offices).
- Primary legal advisor to PicsArt’s Talent team, owning day-to-day counseling on a wide range of areas, including hiring, employee relations, leaves and disability accommodation, compensation, benefits and terminations.
- Provide guidance on internal investigations and dispute resolution.
- Update and maintain employee agreements (handbook, offer letters, etc.) and policies for changes in law and business needs.
- Own our litigation and pre-litigation matters across a wide range of practice areas.
- Take a hands-on approach to all facets of litigation, including evaluating and responding to subpoenas and discovery requests, preparing and responding to cease and desist letters and formulating related strategies, and negotiating and drafting settlements.
- Develop and deliver training to business partners, including in employee and contractor misclassification, dispute avoidance and resolution, confidentiality, and attorney-client privilege.
- Evaluate and develop standards and practices for indemnification, jurisdiction, governing law, and dispute resolution procedures in contracts.
- Coordinate with and efficiently manage external counsel.
- Help with other special projects and support developing a world class Legal team.
- JD and membership in at least one state bar (preferably California).
- 6+ years of combined experience in a generalist employment and litigation focused role, preferably at top tier law firms or in-house at a technology company.
- IP litigation, publicity and privacy rights, international employment law, and SaaS product experience are all plusses.
- Calm under pressure, with an optimistic, proactive approach to tackling complex, sensitive issues.
- Willingness to work outside of regular business hours when needed, particularly for international support.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team oriented atmosphere.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment with imperfect information.
- Sense of humor.
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
PicsArt is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
PicsArt, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
PicsArt is the world’s #1 creative platform and social editing app that’s leading the visual storytelling revolution. With more than 150 million monthly active creators, the PicsArt community creates, remixes and shares nearly 1 billion images every month. The company has amassed one of the largest open-source collections of content in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers and more. PicsArt is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Yerevan, Armenia, Moscow, Beijing, Tokyo, and Los Angeles, PicsArt is backed by Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Venture Partners, and Siguler Guff and Company.
The #14 most downloaded app of 2019
PicsArt has worked with big brands such as Taylor Swift, Will Smith, Kim Kardashian, Gwen Stefani, DJ Snake, Maroon 5 and Meghan Trainor on community challenges that generate tens of millions of organic, fan-generated impressions and shares on social media. We need smart, passionate people to help us reach our first billion creators!