Technical Support Engineer
Istanbul, Turkey /
Technology - Customer Support – Customer Support /
Picus Security Inc is a place where exceptional people gather to do their best work. We convert new ideas to exceptional solutions and great customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Picus to become part of our talented team!
Picus Security pioneered Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) technology in 2013, recognized as a Cool Vendor in Security and Risk Management by Gartner in 2019 and a leading vendor in BAS Market by Frost & Sullivan in 2020. Picus is a Series-B startup supported by reputable private equity and venture capital organizations including Turkven, Earlybird Capital, ACT and Endeavor Catalyst.
Picus Security’s complete security validation platform helps CISOs and security teams gain visibility over their security posture by continuously validating their security controls and their SIEM/SOC tools, and remediating any potential exposure rapidly with the help of Breach and Attack Simulation technology.
About The Role
The Picus Global Technical Assistance Center team is seeking a Technical Support Engineer who will be part of the TAC team delivering services to customers globally. In this role, you will enjoy challenging and innovative projects and you will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills in cybersecurity technologies.
The Global Technical Assistance Center Team is there to support Picus’ products. As a TAC Engineer your key role will involve understanding the customer environment, capturing logs, troubleshooting and debugging as well as documenting problems and testing new features. It will also provide you with the opportunity to research for a global cybersecurity company.
If you are a SOC analyst, security consultant, threat hunter, security engineer, or red/blue/purple team member, then, this role is for you.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks, and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
This Technical Support Engineer job is a Remote based role. #LI-Remote
What You’ll Do
- Provide support service to Picus customers and prospects, troubleshoot, reproduce and devise workarounds to customer issues
- Track and maintain all updates and customer communication through the case management system
- Provide product release tests and report them to the relevant engineering teams
- Test the new features of Picus
- Analyze the problems
- Research and improve the features
- Publish the output of your research or test as a documentation
- Work with security technologies, including NG Firewalls, IPS, WAF, EDR, SIEM, and DLP solutions to assess each of the cybersecurity technology’s responses to Picus Products
- Collaborate with a variety of teams including R&D, Product Management, and QA
- Identify the potential pattern of issues observed in the field and take the lead in documenting, reporting, and tracking these issues to resolution
- Contribution to technical documentation on a regular basis
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science
- At least 3 years of working experience in cybersecurity utilizing knowledge of the security/threat landscape
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good written and verbal communications skills; excellent interpersonal skills; at ease and comfortable working in a client environment, remote and onsite
- Strong networking and operating systems background; knowledge of networking protocols, systems, and virtualization technologies
- Hands-on experience in administering and using network security, SIEM, and EDR technologies
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting network and security problems
- Knowledge of IT/security products such as firewalls, DLP, AV, SIEM and endpoint security, and email security solutions
- Knowledge of system administration, programming language, and scripting is a plus
Working at Picus
Fascinating work - a chance to shape and lead an exciting, fast-growing cyber security segment. Breach and Attack Simulation is a new concept that helps organizations evaluate their security posture in a continuous, automated, and repeatable way. This approach allows for the identification of imminent threats, provides recommended actions, and produces valuable metrics about cyber-risk levels.
Unlimited opportunity! We are growing. At Picus, you'll be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle - new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth.
Global exposure - Get a lot of experience working not only in a fast-growing startup but also interact with customers all around the world.
Be part of a global team that’s located in the UK, US, UAE, Italy, Turkey, and Singapore.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.