VP, Business Development
What We Do
Picwell is committed to empowering ordinary Americans to make good health insurance choices for themselves and their families. The sheer complexity of health insurance leads many people to essentially choose at random. This results in unnecessarily high costs for consumers and billions of dollars of waste in the healthcare system. We use predictive analytics in combination with healthcare and behavioral economics research to reduce the choice complexity. A user's plan options are distilled down to personalized scores, which incorporate many nuances beyond pure cost, including the user's risk tolerance and preferred physicians. Picwell allows users to purchase a health plan that covers what they need, at a reasonable cost, with minimal stress.
The VP of Business Development is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive sales and marketing plan to increase corporate revenues and profits. As such, this position is responsible for direct sales of the Picwell’s suite of software solutions to various market segments including, among others, health plans, benefit platforms, private and public health exchanges, benefits consultants and brokerages, ancillary vendors, ACOs and large employers. Additionally, this role will be responsible for identifying and developing distribution relationships with partners for the commercial distribution of Picwell’s decision support platform.
- Develop and execute a sales and marketing plan in conjunction with Picwell’s senior leadership
- Maintain and periodically refine the longer-term strategy for sales and growth of market-share as part of the Picwell's strategic planning process.
- Work with Picwell’s senior leadership and counsel to negotiate customer contracts that are clear, and reflect the Picwell’s ability to deliver, pricing and risk policies.
- Perform market and segment research to ensure Picwell retains its competitive edge with both current and future products
- Develop and manage a comprehensive prospect pipeline and forecast
- Lead a sales process with prospective customers and partners that results in a commitment to purchase Picwell solutions
- Have the specific knowledge of the Picwell suite of software and the internal processes utilized in enterprise deployments
- Develop and manage the sales budget and maintain the cost of sales within the revenue plan
- Assist in the creation of sales and support materials for prospective customers
- Work with internal resources to respond to requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs) from prospects
- Partner with internal product teams to ensure effective deployment of the Picwell solution
- Be an authentic and energetic voice for Picwell both internally and externally
- Plan and participate in conferences and industry seminars as both an attendee and speaker
- 5-7 years of sales and/or business development experience within health care and/or employee benefits information technology industry
- Experience building partnerships that enable significant revenue generation, and/or experience leading sales with multi-million dollar contract values
- Documented history of sales and customer success
- Group health and/or Medicare insurance products sales experience strongly preferred
- Relationships with brokers, consultants and health plans in key markets preferred
- Health care software/platform experience preferred
- Student of the industry and strong desire for ongoing learning
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong computer skills, i.e. working knowledge of Google suite and Microsoft Office
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation, with stock options
- 17 days of paid time off, and 8 company holidays
- Health, vision, and dental insurance (including HSA options)
- 401(k) retirement account
- Breakfast bagels, office snacks and monthly team lunches
- Top of the line Apple laptops and accessory budget
- Annual company-wide "Hack Week"
- Conference / training seminar stipend
- Slack for team communication
Right now, we are only able to consider applicants with US work authorization not requiring visa sponsorship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, cis/transgender status, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our main office is located in Center City Philadelphia, PA close to multiple commuter lines.