Office Operations Lead
What We Do
Picwell is committed to empowering ordinary Americans to make good health insurance choices for themselves and their families. The sheer complexity of health insurance leads many people to essentially choose at random. This results in unnecessarily high costs for consumers and billions of dollars of waste in the healthcare system. We use predictive analytics in combination with healthcare and behavioral economics research to reduce the choice complexity. A user's plan options are distilled down to personalized scores, which incorporate many nuances beyond pure cost, including the user's risk tolerance and preferred physicians. Picwell allows users to purchase a health plan that covers what they need, at a reasonable cost, with minimal stress.
We are looking for an Office Operations Lead to support the Picwell team in doing their best work. Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys helping teams be most productive and successful, is highly personable and trustworthy, can take initiative and work independently, and is enthusiastic about our company’s mission.
In this role, you will provide logistical and administrative support to the Picwell team in the areas of office management, recruiting & human resources, and executive assistance. You will report to Picwell’s CEO.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of our office:
- Manage inventory of office supplies within approved budgets
- Receiving and supporting visitors to our offices
- Maintain upkeep and organization of office space and equipment (you will have support of custodial staff)
- Lead logistics for company social and marketing events hosted at our offices or other locations
- Support recruiting, human resources, payroll and vendor activities:
- Act as supporting resource and advocate for the Picwell team
- Support hiring managers in recruiting new team members by managing job listings, interview schedules and applicant tracking system
- Lead post-hire onboarding activities for new employees including data entry, background checks, orientation sessions, workspace setup and compliance tracking
- Maintain payroll system and employee human resources files in accordance with laws, regulations, and established standards
- Support vendor relations and payments by reconciling invoices, filling out payment request with proper coding, and processing approved payments
- Provide executive assistance to management team members:
- Arrange meetings and conference calls (including coordinating meeting logistics, developing agendas and meeting materials, etc.)
- Draft correspondence, presentations and meeting minutes
- Provide other daily support to management team as needed
- Assist the CEO with his daily schedule and duties, including managing calendars, commitments, and travel arrangements (planning itineraries, developing agendas and meeting materials, reporting expenses, etc.).
- 4+ years of administrative experience in an office setting
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and discretion in confidential matters
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and prioritize competing demands
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Google suite & Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Prior experience working in a start-up business environment is preferred
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation, with stock options
- 17 days of paid time off, and 8 company holidays
- Health, vision, and dental insurance (including HSA options)
- 401(k) retirement account
- Breakfast bagels, office snacks and monthly team lunches
- Top of the line Apple laptops and accessory budget
- Annual company-wide "Hack Week"
- Conference / training seminar stipend
- Slack for team communication
Right now, we are only able to consider applicants with US work authorization not requiring visa sponsorship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, cis/transgender status, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our main office is located in Center City Philadelphia, PA close to multiple commuter lines.