Junior Data Scientist
We are looking for a capable data scientist to join our team. You will work closely with other data scientists, economists, and software engineers—in a results-oriented, collaborative environment—to refine our health insurance recommendation engine and demonstrate the value of Picwell's products to the marketplace. This role is suitable for a current or recent college graduate who is collaborative, curious, and comfortable with data analysis and problem solving.
Applicants should have a strong background in data analysis, empirical methods, and machine learning with experience using Python, R, or another high-level language to conduct empirical analyses on large data sets. Prior work experience or research related to health insurance or health care or familiarity with economics and health policy would be a plus.
At Picwell, we value professional growth and we seek the kinds of people who love to learn new things. As a member of the data science team, you would have the opportunity to hone your analytic capabilities both by contributing to our core analytics work and by participating in hack weeks and monthly seminars.
- 1+ years experience with Python
- Coursework in quantitative fields (e.g., math, statistics, physics, computer science)
- Experience using applied statistics in a work or research setting, with experience in data visualization
- Demonstrated ability to independently conceive of and execute empirical analyses
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and testing approaches
- Experienced candidates should have experience working in a collaborative coding environment
- Work or research experience related to health care or health insurance
- Familiarity with health policy and economics
- Experience with big data analytics tools such as Apache Spark