2D Pixel Artist
Game Development /
[Candidate MUST be in France]
Piepacker is a cloud social gaming platform. We recreate the feeling of playing old school console and arcade games in your living room, but now online and with friends. Our platform adds a new social dynamic to the experience through video chat, snapchat’s style 3D filters and new game modes like battle royale.
At Piepacker, we challenge ourselves daily to build a beautiful, slick platform that is dead simple to use, deliver top notch gaming quality and all around a great social experience. From game-changing user interfaces to the latest in cloud gaming engineering, we use powerful new technologies coupled with world-class design to deliver evolved solutions.
As we scale, we are putting together a team of creative, strategic, and passionate people that share in our belief that social gaming can be fast, fluid, beautiful, and delightful to use. We want to develop games that are adapted to our platform and will make it all the more enjoyable. We are led by an experienced team of ex Facebook, Google, Twitter, Amazon, Docker, EA, and other top tech companies. Piepacker is a YCombinator company and backed by top VC firms.
We’re looking for a passionate 2D Pixel artist who is highly independent, creative, and loves retro games. The role involves taking charge of the visual design of original 2D games from scratch in collaboration with a team. Please join your very best portfolio to your application!
- Create artistic design, mainly in pixel art, from start concept to in-game implementation
- Create character concepts, environments and backgrounds
- Create game interfaces and menus
- Effectively contribute to the art pipeline while understanding target platform constraints
- Active involvement in the game creation process by interacting with the game design team.
Requirements for the role include
- Good knowledge of 2D editing tools, like Adobe Flash or Illustrator, to be able to deliver any kind of good quality 2D assets
- Good skills using Photoshop (or similar tool) to create textures for 2D assets
- Creation of 2D sprites
- 2D Animation skills
- Excellent understanding of 2D lights and shadows
- Self-motivation, highly autonomous working capabilities, excellent communication and organization skills, team spirit, proactivity
- Good spoken and written communication skills (English)
- Good knowledge of retro games
- Unlimited vacations (minimum 5 weeks)
- Monthly wellbeing allowance (mental help, sport, massage, etc.)
- Competitive health insurance plans
- Equal maternity and paternity leave (18 weeks)
- Maternity/Paternity grant of $3k
- Home office allowance
- Fully remote
- Relocation plan for employees willing to relocate near a cluster of employees
- Stock option plan
- Equal pay policy
- Flexible working hours
- Extra benefits depending on the geographical location (tickets restaurant, holiday allowance, etc.)
Piepacker is an equal opportunity employer and we proudly value and promote diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, World of Warcraft faction or disability status.