Game Development /
[Candidate MUST be in France]
Piepacker is a cloud social gaming platform. We recreate the feeling of playing old school console and arcade games in your living room, but now online and with friends. Our platform adds a new social dynamic to the experience through video chat, snapchat’s style 3D filters and new game modes like battle royale.
At Piepacker, we challenge ourselves daily to build a beautiful, slick platform that is dead simple to use, deliver top notch gaming quality and all around a great social experience. From game-changing user interfaces to the latest in cloud gaming engineering, we use powerful new technologies coupled with world-class design to deliver evolved solutions.
As we scale, we are putting together a team of creative, strategic, and user-driven engineers that share in our belief that social gaming can be fast, fluid, beautiful, and delightful to use.
We are led by an experienced team of ex Facebook, Google, Twitter, Amazon, Docker, EA, and other top tech companies. Piepacker is a YCombinator company and backed by top VC firms.
We’re looking for a passionate game developer who is highly independent, creative, and loves retro games. The role involves creating 2D games from scratch in collaboration with a team.
Requirements for the role include
- Familiarity object oriented programing and entity component model
- Significant experience in game development
- Experience with platformer physics
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills (English)
- Good knowledge of retro games
Experience that would be great for you to have (or you'd be excited about acquiring)
- Experience with Lua
- Experience with PICO-8
- Love2d game framework
- Game performance optimisations
- Game state serialization
- Basic graphics and animation skills
- Unlimited vacations (minimum 5 weeks)
- Monthly wellbeing allowance (mental help, sport, massage, etc.)
- Competitive health insurance plans
- Equal maternity and paternity leave (18 weeks)
- Maternity/Paternity grant of $3k
- Home office allowance
- Fully remote
- Relocation plan for employees willing to relocate near a cluster of employees
- Stock option plan
- Equal pay policy
- Flexible working hours
- Extra benefits depending on the geographical location (tickets restaurant, holiday allowance, etc.)
Piepacker is an equal opportunity employer and we proudly value and promote diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, World of Warcraft faction or disability status.