Senior Logistics Specialist/Coordinator
Natick, MA /
Senior Logistics Specialist/ Coordinator
We are currently looking for a Senior Logistics Specialist/Coordinator to enter, track and manage the operational shipping & receiving requirements for Pillar Biosciences. He/she is responsible for preparing bills of lading, scheduling shipments, and maintaining relationships with carriers as well as receiving raw materials and supplies. He/she may act as the liaison with both internal and external customers/vendor. The objective of the Logistics Coordinator is to ensure desired shipping dates are met, ensure continuous product supply and all materials are properly received and stored.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain and R&D personnel to coordinate shipping activities
- Provide shipping status and order visibility information as required to both internal and external clients, monitoring ship information, closing of shipped orders, order status, etc.
- Schedule outgoing shipments with approved carriers to successfully meet ship dates
- Assist, as necessary, the Laboratory and Facilities with shipping activities
- Communicate with freight forwarders and transportation companies
- Prepare accurate bills of lading and packing slips, arranging for necessary shipping documentation, and contacting customs officials to effect release of shipments
- Provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated
- Arrange for storage facilities when required
- Examine invoices and shipping manifests for conformity tariff and customs regulations and report issues to Sr. Director of Operations
- Conduct analysis on shipping quality incidents as needed
- Perform inventory transactions and inventory counts as required
- Bachelor’s degree Preferred
- 2-5 years of relevant logistical experience; 1- 3 + years within a GMP environment
- Experience working with CMOs desirable
- Proactive in approach to work, identifying potential issues well in advance and bringing them to the attention of appropriate personnel for resolution
- Excellent MS Office and experience with SAP preferred
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative startup environment where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view
- Self-motivated, detailed oriented and energized in approach to work
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Perform a variety of duties to properly ship all outbound orders, receive incoming freight, and manage inventory storage.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Pillar Biosciences' mission is to create technologies that make precision medicine accessible. We are a growing company with a plan to disrupt the clinical testing market.
Our focus is on building NGS diagnostic and software solutions from the ground up, leveraging experiences in genomics, data analytics, clinical testing and patient focus to quickly innovate and penetrate the market. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Pillar Biosciences is the place for you!
Pillar Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; religion; age; nationality; marital status; sexual orientation; disability or any other characteristic protected by law.