Director of Supply Chain
Natick, MA /
The Director of Supply Chain will lead and direct all strategic and tactical facets of supply chain management at Pillar Biosciences, including, but not limited to, planning, sourcing and procurement, warehousing, inventory management, logistics, inventory control and financial costing for Pillar Biosciences’ direct manufacturing and CLIA operations, as well as provide support for the needs of R&D, IT and other indirect internal customers. In this new role you will have the ability to design, build, shape and implement supply chain strategy, planning, sourcing and distribution policies, processes, and systems for Pillar’s products while building a high-performing team and overseeing all aspects of supplier relationship management and risk mitigation. You will work with Pillar’s program teams, manufacturing operations, legal, and finance functions while collaborating with Pillar’s external manufacturing partners to creating supply strategies that ensure a reliable, high-quality supply of cGMP clinical products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the activities of all functions involved in the purchasing, planning, warehousing, and control of regulated materials from the receipt of forecasting, replenishment, to the delivery of the finished product into finished goods inventory and delivery of products to customer(s).
- Oversee supply planning, demand forecasting, logistics, and procurement to ensure resource requirements are satisfied.
- Manage inventory and establish controls to ensure Pillar is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics while minimizing supply chain risk.
Develop and refine systems (ERP) and processes to support E2E inventory replenishment and supply assurity.
- Drive supply chain analytics and chair a monthly KPI forum with key stakeholders to ensure E2E supply chain targets are met. Support the next stage in maturity of S&OP Planning.
- Develop strategic relationships with key partners and develop metrics and forums to hold them accountable where performance and product quality is concerned.
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Sciences or Business, MBA preferred. Advance certification such as APICS or ISM is a plus.
- Minimum of 15 yrs. in progressively growing leadership experience required in Global Supply Chain with oversight of Planning and/or Strategic Sourcing/Procurement.
- 7+ industry experience preferably in the life sciences industry and cGMP, CLIA/CAP and ISO13485 environments.
- Strong experience in planning (implementing mature ES&OP, SOE, etc), Strategic Sourcing/SRM and Supply Risk mitigation; must be familiar with SCOR and implementing and maintaining industry best practices for the organization.
- Experience implementing both pull (Kanban) and pushed based material control and replenishment systems.
- Must have demonstrated expertise in authoring SOPs or similar process directed documentation.
- Has experience implementing and maintaining ERP systems (SAP preferred).
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and flow-charting software (preferred).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A flexible and collaborative leader who is open and adaptable to change in a fast-paced startup company and can lead with ambiguity. Comfortable collaborating and executing cross functionally with groups such as MFG, QA, NPI, R&D, etc.
- A strong people-leader that can motivate and challenge individuals with clear goals, career development, and recognition.
- Visionary, strategic, and global thinking.
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, and negotiation skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships.
- An ability to lead and influence others and build strong collaborative relationships will be extremely important.
Pillar Biosciences' mission is to create technologies that make precision medicine accessible. We are a growing company with a plan to disrupt the clinical testing market.
Our focus is on building NGS diagnostic and software solutions from the ground up, leveraging experiences in genomics, data analytics, clinical testing and patient focus to quickly innovate and penetrate the market. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Pillar Biosciences is the place for you!
Pillar Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; religion; age; nationality; marital status; sexual orientation; disability or any other characteristic protected by law.