Data Scientist / Biostatistician
Natick, MA /
Software and Bioinformatics /
We are seeking a Data Scientist to develop algorithms for new NGS cell-free clinical diagnostic assays and help drive innovations on existing assays to improve assay sensitivity and specificity and provide computational support for our core technology and product development.
This exceptional opportunity offers the chance to support research and development efforts at the forefront of the genomic understanding of cancer, as well as statistical analysis, big data, and cloud development. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to innovate and build new bioinformatic products from basic data scaling to big data discovery. Many of the algorithm developments require novel use of data by applying current and emerging machine learning techniques.
- Lead independent solutions for data-analysis challenges in Pillar's software products
- Understand and explore scientific data patterns. Discover new statistical ways to interpret data
- Understand and apply relevant statistical methods including but not limited to Bayes' Theorem, Hidden Markov Model, etc.
- Translate product ideas into defined data science challenges. Must be capable of writing Python or R code in an R&D setting
- Design and deploy algorithms and machine learning models to support product development
- Assist with big data analysis using industry-standard data science tools
- Lead efforts in optimizing and otherwise improving software algorithms
- MS/PhD in Bioinformatics, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field with 1+ years of industry experience
- Ability to write production code in Python, R or other high-level languages
- Desired to learn about cancer genomics
- Proven relevant experience in data analytics (does not need to be in bioinformatic field)
- Proficiency in Python and/or R for numerical/statistical programming, using libraries such as Numpy, Pandas, dplyr, and standard machine learning libraries like Pytorch and Tensorflow
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to work hard and be creative in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment with strong communication skills
- A record of accomplishments in an industry setting.
- PhD with 2+ years of experience in the NGS data analysis field
- Working knowledge of cancer genomics
- Experience working with WES, WGS, RNAseq, TCR-sequencing, and/or single cell sequencing data
- Knowledge of NGS field, bioinformatics tools and databases
- Understand existing methods and common tools available for the related problem
- Demonstrated ability to write production software
Pillar Biosciences' mission is to create technologies that make precision medicine accessible. We are a growing company with a plan to disrupt the clinical testing market.
Our focus is on building NGS diagnostic and software solutions from the ground up, leveraging experiences in genomics, data analytics, clinical testing and patient focus to quickly innovate and penetrate the market. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Pillar Biosciences is the place for you!
Pillar Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; religion; age; nationality; marital status; sexual orientation; disability or any other characteristic protected by law.