Senior Software Engineer (Web)
Natick, MA /
Software and Bioinformatics /
We are seeking a web development software engineer who is interested in big data technologies and passionate about providing data visualizations and user interfaces for our core technology and product development.
This exceptional opportunity offers the chance to work at the forefront of genomic and cellular understanding of cancer, as well as big data and cloud development. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to innovate, work closely with experimental, regulatory, biological and clinical collaborators.
- Design, build and support web based applications for data analytics
- Work with software engineers and bio-scientists to fulfill feature requests
- Work with task management systems such as Celery
- Work with the latest deployment methods such as Docker and distributed workers
- Ensure application supports multiple deployment configurations, including local and cloud (AWS) deployments
- Ensure proper testing coverage to guarantee robustness of the application
- Understand high level business requirements, and how they translate into software requirements
- B.S. in CS (or related discipline) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience programming in a professional environment
- Backend programming experience using Python (Django preferred), Ruby on Rails, Java
- Experience leading, coordinating a team to effectively work on medium to large projects
- Experience building and consuming API services
- Familiarity with SQL and databases.
- Proficiency in Linux and Git
- Willingness to work hard and be creative in a fast-paced environment with an eagerness to learn new skills
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues
- Experience working in agile environments
- Familiarity with TDD methodologies
- Knowledge of common bioinformatics tools, Next Generation Sequencing and databases is a plus
Pillar Biosciences' mission is to create technologies that make precision medicine accessible. We are a growing company with a plan to disrupt the clinical testing market.
Our focus is on building NGS diagnostic and software solutions from the ground up, leveraging experiences in genomics, data analytics, clinical testing and patient focus to quickly innovate and penetrate the market. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Pillar Biosciences is the place for you!
Pillar Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; religion; age; nationality; marital status; sexual orientation; disability or any other characteristic protected by law.