Marketing and Events Coordinator
Natick, MA /
This position performs a range of administrative duties to support the marketing department and corporate meeting initiatives. As part of the marketing team, you will work closely with our commercial team including marketing, sales, sales support, market access, cross-functionally with other departments and the Senior Leadership Teams. This role will require extensive contact with stakeholders to secure meeting requirements, communicate effectively to logistics vendors and other third-party vendors to ensure superior execution.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Leads day to day logistical and operational activities for our marketing team for corporate and health care convention services
- Works cross-functionally and requires extensive contact with stakeholders to secure meeting requirements, budget requirements
- Communicates effectively to logistics vendors and other third-party vendors and ensure excellence operationally and on-site execution
- Attendee management by coordinating registration and rooming manifesto
- Organize, update and format Marketing collateral (project sheets, project lists, meeting minutes, etc.), while maintaining consistency, quality, and current corporate branding
- Maintain Marketing files and adequate collateral inventory
- Establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with the marketing team, senior staff and cross functional team
- Maintain a calendar of events, manage corporate collateral, and event supplies to ensure adequate supplies
- Shepard’s and supports event logistics for field events including but not limited to venue/activity sourcing, contract, email & live communications as needed to ensure a successful event
- Shipping and tracking of materials, creating and printing labels for shipping, ensure adequate packing of all meeting materials with tracking and guarantee arrival by meeting deadlines
- Manage, execute, and administer all planning aspects of conventions, including association liaison and communications, commercial booth management, association exhibit space, meeting space and housing procurements, overseeing exhibit companies, exhibit shipments, installation and dismantling, representative staffing and scheduling, ancillary meetings, dinner and receptions
- Manage all aspects of communications related to meetings and conventions including coordination of various departmental attendees, field staff and senior management, as appropriate
- Develop and maintain relationships with third party vendors in the exhibit industry.
- Liaise with exhibit house and logistics vendor
- Review event bills for accuracy, and approve payment and ensure timely payment of invoices and billing reconciliation, including accruals with Finance
- Participate in weekly marketing meetings to ensure alignment on key initiatives, policies and compliance adherence as required
- Assist in coordinating the planning and execution of product launches
Education and qualifications:
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree, preferably with business/marketing focus
- 1+ years of HCP marketing experience preferred in pharma, laboratory or molecular diagnostics
- Education or experience in life sciences, including biology, oncology a plus but not required
- Must be well organized and have the ability to meet strict deadlines and perform under pressure in a fast-paced work environment; works with a sense of urgency
- Takes initiative and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency in software as Salesforce and SAP a plus.
- Enjoys working in an office environment and cross-functionally with other team members
- Opened to traveling both in the US and internationally
- Bilingual in English and Chinese a plus
Pillar Biosciences aims to "Make precision medicine the first option for every patient" by developing and manufacturing targeted next-generation sequencing (NGS)-based assays and software for today’s high-throughput specialty NGS laboratories. We are seeking collaborative and independent problem solvers to support our mission.
Pillar Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; religion; age; nationality; marital status; sexual orientation; disability or any other characteristic protected by law.