Manager of Bioinformatics
Natick, MA /
Software & Bioinformatics /
Pillar Biosciences' mission is to create technologies that makes the precision medicine accessible. If that inspires you, let’s talk.
We are a startup company with a plan to disrupt the clinical testing market. Our focus is on building NGS diagnostic and software solutions from the ground up, leveraging experiences in genomics, data analytics, clinical testing and patient focus to quickly innovate and penetrate the market. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Pillar Biosciences is the place for you! Find out more at www.pillar-biosciences.com.
Pillar Biosciences is seeking an experienced Bioinformatics leader who is passionate about people management. Reporting to the Director of Software & Bioinformatics, this critical team member will be responsible for leading and collaborating with data scientists and bioinformaticians to provide cutting edge analysis of genomic/cellular structure of cancer. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with software, experimental, regulatory, biological and clinical collaborators. This is also a great opportunity to leverage big data analysis experience.
· Lead and manage the Bioinformatics team to study and evaluate the assay performance and the design of the PCR primer with Pillar proprietary technology.
· Identify known and emerging nucleic acid biomarkers (SNV, InDel, DupDel, CNV, methylation, and fusions) via review of scientific papers and clinical trial summaries that drive treatment choices or are useful for monitoring disease progression.
· Mentor, collaborate with, and grow colleagues in biology roles.
· Improve biology/oncology understanding and assay performance based on the data.
· Analyze and interpret high-throughput internal DNA and RNA sequencing data from designed chemistry, with a specific focus on mutation identification and oncology characterization.
3+ years of professional work experience in the NGS oncology field.
3+years experience leading a team
Master degree in molecular biology, biology, bioinformatics or bioengineering discipline.
Passionate about bioinformatics and computational biology.
Proven strong critical thinking capability with follow through character.
Deep understanding of both human genetics and oncology -- and understands the genetic variation associated with various types of cancer
Well versed with public sequence depositories of genome sequence and variation data, especially those focused on oncology and is able to query, retrieve, manipulate, and analyze data from these databases
Experienced with the development of nucleic acid diagnostics based on the amplification of DNA and RNA via PCR
Excellent communication (written and verbal) and data presentation skills.
Have deep knowledge and experience analyzing NGS data on human genome, either from industry or academia
Experience working with somatic or low input DNA assays
Experience and knowledge of commercially available of modern variant calling packages
Proficient with excel or scripting language to analyze/understand NGS data
Track of record in publications.
PhD in molecular biology, biology, bioinformatics or a related discipline, or 3+ years working in bioinformatics role
Pillar Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; religion; age; nationality; marital status; sexual orientation; disability or any other characteristic protected by law.