Sr. Software Engineer
Natick, MA /
Software & Bioinformatics /
We are seeking a software engineer who is passionate about solving data processing algorithm and computation challenges in genome technologies and applications to clinical diagnostics. The applicant will be responsible for providing software support for our core technology and product development, with opportunities to design and build the infrastructure for data management and analysis.
This exceptional opportunity offers the chance to work at big data analysis and cloud development supporting the forefront of genomic and cellular understanding of cancer. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to innovate and to work closely with experimental, regulatory, biological and clinical collaborators.
· Develop and maintain software packages for Pillar NGS product design tool.
· Work with software quality assurance and test engineers to evaluate algorithms and improve software products.
· Work closely with data scientists to evaluate and troubleshoot experimental methods.
· Support current ongoing design projects.
· Capable of working in a team environment with good communication.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
· Experience programming in a professional environment.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Python and Java, or other programming languages.
· Familiarity with SQL and databases.
· Willingness to work hard and be creative in a fast-paced environment.
· Work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
· Proficiency in Linux and cloud computing.
· A record of accomplishment.
· Familiar with high performance computing with distributed architecture.
· Familiar with SPARK.
· Understand basic machine learning and neural network classification methods.
· Extremely interested in software engineering problems as well as algorithm challenges.
· Familiarity with TDD and BDD methodologies.
· Experience developing and setting up large-scale data processing pipeline.(eg. Spark)
· Knowledge of Bioinformatics, NGS, and genomics a plus
· Capable of understanding and translating high-level scientific goals into concrete computational approaches.
Pillar Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; religion; age; nationality; marital status; sexual orientation; disability or any other characteristic protected by law