Primary Care Practicing Physician - East Bay
East Bay Area /
Clinical Care /
Pine Park Health: Our mission is to keep senior living residents healthy—by keeping them away from hospitals where exposure to health risks is high. Through our new clinical care delivery model, we bring doctors and clinical staff right into senior living communities, providing safer, more convenient urgent and primary care. Pine Park leases a dedicated space within each senior living community and staffs each location with a team of physicians, physician assistants, and nurses. This allows us to provide comprehensive healthcare on-site, see patients more regularly, and better support their overall health.
We are a well-funded startup backed by First Round Capital, Google’s AI fund, and Y Combinator—and we’re growing fast. We’ve identified a rare opportunity to improve the way healthcare is delivered to millions of older adults and succeed with an economic model focused on care outcomes. We’re also developing proprietary technology to facilitate care coordination, back-end operations, and the consolidation of patient data so our physicians can track patient heath efficiently.
Now serving over 50 senior communities in the greater Bay Area, we’re ready to accelerate our growth. We’re looking to expand our small, motivated, multi-disciplinary team of engineers, operators, and clinicians. If you share our passion for this mission-driven business, love collaborating with others to realize a dream and scalable vision, join us! We’re building a company to improve the way healthcare is delivered to older adults now and for decades to come.
Pine Park Health is looking for one of our founding Primary Care Physicians, responsible for delivering care in our East Bay - California market. We are seeking a provider who is excited about the opportunity to work with a smaller patient panel of complex care patients, contribute to a value-based care model, and work with a motivated multi-disciplinary team to provide high-quality patient care.
What you will do
- Provide onsite primary care services to Medicare-covered older adults living in Assisted Living Communities
- Develop and execute detailed care plans on all primary care patients
- Openness to supervise 1-4 PA/NP providers who are part of the clinical team
- Work with Medical Director to identify and develop policies to address issues that arise which affect day to day practice, culture or clinical guidelines, including for emerging disease(s)
- Work with Clinical Care Navigators (CCNs) to provide monthly Chronic Care Management (CCM) visits and care; review and sign off on CCM documentation by CCNs
- Run regular huddles and provide leadership to the clinical team
- Identify ways of working with ALF management and care teams to better carry out PPH care plans and improve patient outcomes
What we're looking for
- Board-Eligible or Board-Certified Physicians in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment
- Willingness to provide onsite clinical care across the East Bay
- Desire to work with complex care patients and support the building of a holistic care model
- Strong orientation towards collaboration and working closely with a multi-disciplinary team; values input of all members of the clinical team
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Ability to work with tech-enabled care delivery tools (e.g.,project management, 'checklist' management, remote monitoring, etc.) used together to improve patient care and team function
Pine Park Health is an equal opportunity employer — we aim to recruit, hire, develop, compensate, and promote regardless of of race, religion, country of origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.