Software Engineer (Data migration)
About the role:
- We are looking for experienced software engineers, data migration. You will have the opportunity to build and shape a powerful, industry-changing database product from the get-go. You will be someone that possesses unique engineering talent and is excited about the opportunity to join the PingCAP team, build our data migration solution both for cloud and on-premises.
What we are looking for:
- Comfort using programming languages like Go, C/C++ and Rust;
- 3+ years of relevant experience;
- An understanding of distributed system design;
- Production level experience with containers and cloud-native/microservices architecture;
- Experience with MySQL/PostgreSQL or Aurora;
- Experience solving challenging problems and building collaborative relationships with teams;
- Experience with container orchestration technology, e.g. Kubernetes, a major plus.
What you will get to do:
- Deliver production-level data migration solutions;
- Improve the performance of TiDB;
- Coordinate enhancement and feature requests with product and engineering teams.
What you will gain:
- Opportunity to build and shape a powerful, industry-changing database product from the get-go;
- Working with a global team of passionate (and compassionate) developers, hackers, and open-source fanatics;
- Competitive salary;
- Meaningful equity in a fast-growing enterprise startup.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible paid time off
- In-office catered lunch (every day), snacks, and drinks
- Commuter benefits
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome, supportive coworkers with a good sense of humor