Lead Product Designer
SV Office /
PingCAP is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By building TiDB, a globally scalable hybrid transactional and analytical database and one of the most popular open source database in the world (don’t take our word for it, check it out: https://github.com/pingcap/tidb), which enables companies to painlessly scale their business while keeping the underlying infrastructure simple. Our product has been trusted and verified by web-scale application leaders and adopted by over 1000 users across industries. We’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of TiDB. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the database for the future!
About the Job:
- We are looking for a Lead Product Designer with SaaS, PaaS or DBaaS product design experience and demonstrated leadership. You will help build and lead our Design Team and partner closely with fellow subject matter experts to fully redesign our platform UI and UX. You will be responsible for every aspect of the user experience, from creating our visual identity, the overall flow of the screens, the fields and what information needs to be presented, actions and interactions that are required, to the visualizations of data. In addition, you will identify new opportunities, create and test your design concepts, and ultimately deliver a best-of-breed product to market. You'll be hands on with customer interviews, user testing, UI/UX design, and deliver quick prototypes to create innovative solutions. As an articulate and empathetic communicator, you'll bring your ideas to light by sharing them with the company.
- Web application design experience
- Passionate about understanding the needs of our customers
- Experienced in conducting user research and utilizing insights to create user flows, wireframes, and prototypes
- Practically creative, especially in communication and storytelling
- Be a team player. Besides working in design, you will be working closely with our business development and software engineering teams
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineers and stakeholders to define product requirements and specifications for proposed web and mobile initiatives.
- Be actively involved in all design processes including creating wireframes, storyboards, and user flows that promote usability and accommodating technical needs in addition to potential source code constraints.
- Optimize the experience of our platform for our customers, and spearhead innovative features to add on to the platform. Relentlessly simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant UIs.
- Translate functional objectives into detailed specifications.
- Develop personas to facilitate feature design process.
- Lead cross-functional design sessions between the Design Team and Business Partners.
- Get to know our customers, also document and analyze your insights.
- Develop long-term strategy to create the most value for our users
- Communicate your findings, analysis, and prototypes to our engineers and business development team.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a design related field or working experience of the equivalent.
- 5+ years of design experience with an in-depth understanding of SaaS platform products.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your ability to create effective user-centered design solutions.
- Working knowledge of industry standard design software (i.e Sketch, Figma, Adobe CS, Invision, or other UX related tools).
- Knowledge of latest UX trends, techniques, and technology.
- Keen and exceptional attention to detail with the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with able to clearly articulate your design methodology clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
What you will gain:
- Opportunity to build and shape a powerful, industry-changing database product from the get-go
- Working with a globally team of passionate (and compassionate) developers, hackers, and open-source fanatics
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in a fast-growing enterprise startup
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible paid time off
- In-office catered lunch (every day), snacks, and drinks
- Commuter benefits
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome, supportive coworkers with a good sense of humor
PingCAP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce.