Software Engineering – Native Apps
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
As an iOS Manager/Engineer, you will be a key leader of our Cocoa development team, which is responsible for multiple iOS, Apple TV and set-top products at PIX. Our apps are used by some of the most creative and visually acute users on the planet - feature film directors, VFX artists, producers, and the like. PIX is installed at virtually every major studio and production facility including the new streaming players in Silicon Valley. Come work in an exciting industry alongside no less than 6 Academy Award winning technologists.
- Be a key visionary and leader in the Mobile and Apple TV space.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the iOS development team, including remote and overseas employees.
- Balance people management while being a hands-on contributor.
- Collaborate closely with backend development teams and guide API design.
- Design and build shared components across applications.
- Coordinate with QA and Product teams on feature specification and delivery.
- Work with Client Teams to quickly resolve customer issues.
- BA/BS in Computer Science and/or 5+ years delivering professional quality iOS applications.
- Experience managing engineers.
- Experience working with distributed/remote teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Swift, Objective-C, Xcode, iOS and all things Apple.
- Experience with network-based applications or frameworks.
- Experience with multi-media technologies a plus.
- Familiar with Git/Gitlab, Jira, Jenkins, Agile/Scrum, etc.
- Must be willing to work at the HQ location in San Francisco.
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Exceptional vacation and holiday plan
- Competitive medical benefits
- Employee equity and 401(k) plans
- Downtown SF - close to BART, Muni, Caltrain
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- Commitment to professional development
- Work alongside no less than 6 Academy Award and Emmy Award winning technologists
- and more...
PIX System, LLC, Codex Digital Inc., and PIX Holdings, Inc. (collectively “PIX + CODEX”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. PIX + CODEX prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.