Software Engineering – Back-End Services
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
As a member of the Back-End Services Team, you’ll be creating and extending the PIX platform that powers collaboration across the film industry. This includes building and expanding back-end services for media processing, storage, encryption, and secure delivery worldwide to thousands of industry professionals. You will be tackling complex problems ranging from low-level video processing to high-level APIs and everything in between. Our engineers must work cross-functionally on multiple codebases and services to ensure the PIX platform is scalable, efficient, and secure.
- Design, implement, and maintain PIX System platform and services.
- Build distributed services that auto-scale, self-heal, and automatically deploy to the cloud.
- Integrate internal and 3rd party components to build out functionality.
- Implement APIs for internal and external services and applications.
- Migrate legacy systems to newer service architectures.
- Write design, usage, and troubleshooting documents for other engineers and QA.
- Produce automated tests to ensure quality, performance, and scalability of your code.
- Participate in reviews and audits to ensure the security of our system.
- Coordinate with team-members and others in the organization to ensure timely delivery of software that meets all requirements.
- Train other team members on your areas of expertise.
- Excellent coding and design skills.
- Experience with modern programming languages and design patterns. Knowledge of Python, Node.js, PHP and other languages a plus.
- Firm grasp of OO design concepts and patterns.
- Experience building in a SOA or micro-services environment.
- Familiarity with both relational and no-SQL databases.
- Experience building server-side APIs and client-server interactions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable with a mix of team and individual work.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years back-end development experience.
Additional Preferred Experience
- Video processing and codecs.
- Encryption and DRM.
- AWS and cloud technologies.
- Docker, Vagrant, Chef, and other DevOps tools.
- Experience working with distributed/remote teams.
- Competitive salary and bonus programme.
- Private BUPA medical insurance including coverage for spouse and family.
- Life assurance covering 4x basic annual salary.
- Employee equity and pension plan.
- Commitment to professional development.
- and more...
PIX System, LLC, Codex Digital Inc., and PIX Holdings, Inc. (collectively “PIX + CODEX”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. PIX + CODEX prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.