Backend Software Engineer, ConnectedSet
Codex – Software Engineering
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
As a member of the ConnectedSet Team, you’ll be helping create the next generation of video processing, storage, and collaboration tools for the film industry. This includes building and extending back-end services for media capture, processing, storage, and secure delivery worldwide to thousands of industry professionals. You will be tackling complex problems ranging from low-level video processing to high level APIs and everything in between, with a particular focus on automation and coordination of processing systems across multiple locations. Our engineers must work cross-functionally on multiple codebases and services to ensure the PIX platform is scalable, efficient, and secure.
- Design, implement, and maintain ConnectedSet services that handle video capture, storage, archival, and processing
- Build distributed services that auto-scale, self-heal, and automatically deploy to proprietary hardware as well as the cloud
- Integrate internal and 3rd party components to build out functionality
- Implement APIs for internal and external services
- Write design, usage, and troubleshooting documents for other engineers and QA
- Produce automated tests to ensure quality, performance, and scalability of your code
- Participate in reviews and audits to ensure the security of our system
- Coordinate with team-members and others in the organization to ensure timely delivery of software that meets all requirements
- Train other team members on your areas of expertise
- Excellent Python coding skills
- Experience building micro-services
- Experience with docker and AWS environments
- Familiarity with both relational and no-SQL databases
- Experience building out server side APIs
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years back-end development experience
- Film or TV industry experience a plus
- Experience working with a distributed/remote team a plus
- Competitive salary and bonus programme.
- Private BUPA medical insurance including coverage for spouse and family.
- Life assurance covering 4x basic annual salary.
- Employee equity and pension plan.
- Commitment to professional development.
- and more...
PIX System, LLC, Codex Digital Inc., and PIX Holdings, Inc. (collectively “PIX + CODEX”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. PIX + CODEX prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.