Software Engineering – Security
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
As a member of the Security Team at PIX, you will be responsible for helping to ensure the security of the PIX platform that is used to deliver content to film and TV industry professionals around the globe. This includes setting procedures and standards, helping deploy and maintain security systems, and responding to threats as they arise. In addition, you will lead audits of both internal and external systems. This position is mission critical in an industry where security is of the highest priority.
- Monitor security logs and develop correlations rules to find malicious activity.
- Perform internal penetration testing and vulnerability scanning.
- Work with external penetration testing partners.
- Review proposed changes to applications infrastructure to ensure secure implementations.
- Act as a security resource for other departments.
- Manage firewalls, single sign solution and AWS security.
- Monitor AWS environment for security vulnerabilities.
- Design and implement security related infrastructure changes.
- First responder on the security incident response team.
- Maintain security best practices including documentation on how PIX will respond to security events.
- Assist gathering information for security audits and assessments through the entire process and vetting the responses contained within.
- Engage with internal and external clients on a variety of security needs.
- Attend industry events and security related conferences.
- Incident Response experience.
- Strong technical understanding of cloud security challenges and controls for building SaaS applications on Amazon AWS.
- Up to date on industry security standards and best practices.
- Ability to lead and manage projects.
- .Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 2-5 Years of security related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Technical knowledge of cloud, database, networking, and application security required.
- Secure software development knowledge highly beneficial.
- Certifications like AWS Security Specialist, other AWS Professional or Specialist certifications, CISSP, ISACA or GIAC a plus.
- Strong understanding of DLP, IPS/IDS; Database monitoring; Network security (NAC); and SIEM.
- Previous media industry experience (e.g., working on movie or television productions or in a studio) preferred.
- Experience working with distributed/remote teams is a plus.
- Competitive salary and bonus programme.
- Private BUPA medical insurance including coverage for spouse and family.
- Life assurance covering 4x basic annual salary.
- Employee equity and pension plan.
- Commitment to professional development.
- and more...
PIX System, LLC, Codex Digital Inc., and PIX Holdings, Inc. (collectively “PIX + CODEX”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. PIX + CODEX prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.