205 Demonbreun Street, Nashville, TN, 37201
Property Operations – Property Leadership /
A bit about us
We’re a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in some of America’s most-loved cities, our unique platform allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. This all-in-one solution includes property operations, customer acquisitions, and the tech stack to operate with more flexibility than any other company in the market.
Our tech-enabled buildings create one-of-a-kind guest experiences and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether guests are with us for a night, a year, or somewhere in between, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they’re a place to call home.
Our property team members bring our business to life at each building, focusing on execution, along with resident and guest experience. Our non-property team members support property execution and the evolution of other areas within our platform.
As General Manager, you will drive the overall execution of the operational excellence of your Placemakr property through all phases of the operation, including budgetary efficiency and the experience of everyone on-site – team members, Placemakr guests, building residents, third-party partnerships, and building ownership/management. You are evaluated through a combination of customer reviews, employee engagement, hotel performance metrics, and measurable contributions to revenue.
- Consistently provide an exceptional experience to all Placemakr guests, residents and partners by embodying what our guests should think of as a trusted friend and local insider.
- Foster a "one team" mentality by collaborating effectively with all team members and leaders (inside of your building and out!), contributing to a cohesive and supportive work environment.
- Maintain a safe, secure and compliant environment for team members and guests by adhering to established Placemakr and property-specific policies and procedures, including emergency protocols, attendance policies and conduct expectations.
- Own the overall operational success of your building by being a hands-on leader across front desk, housekeeping, maintenance and leasing functions.
- Own and manage your property budget.
- In tandem with your department leaders, support talent acquisition efforts for all operations roles within your Placemakr property
- Develop and execute on building-specific reporting.
- Collaborate with members of our Revenue Team on pricing strategy and occupancy targets.
- Oversee, support, and train leaders and team members on Placemakr SOPs and programs.
- Utilizing Placemakr's Community Norms, build a property culture of high achievement, cross-functional collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Take full ownership of onsite operations to develop and implement best practices geared towards optimizing occupancy, net rates, social and listing marketing, and overall experience.
- Ensure your property is maintaining a consistently high level of service and meeting Placemakr’s brand standards.
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in management, hospitality, business administration, or finance, or commensurate experience in lieu of a formal degree
- 5+ years' experience effectively leading hospitality/operations teams with both front and back of house teams reporting up to you (multi-family experience a plus!).
- 1+ years' experience leading a team of people-leaders.
- Demonstrated experience with autonomous ownership of P&L and making effective decisions in order to beat budget while maintaining exceptional service levels.
- Demonstrated experience of driving team performance through accountability, motivation and coaching.
- You have a consistent track record of ensuring positive guest experiences and revenue growth.
- You have successfully cultivated, managed and owned high-level relationships onsite and leveraged them to address competing priorities.
- You are a hands-on leader who supports your team and takes an active role in growing and developing them.
- You lead by example, have a can-do attitude and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment, contributing to a culture of proactive communication, unity and mutual support.
- You embody our Property Team Mission of Customer, Consistency and Community (Norms)
- You lead by example and embody the core values of Placemakr. You own. You make it better. You treat people right.
- General Managers will be on their feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended time) and taking a hands-on approach to work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance). Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for our General Managers and an exceptional guest experience.
Our benefits & perks
Competitive Pay, Stock Options and Generous Monthly or Quarterly Bonus Program starting at $500 depending on your role
Yearly uniform stipend
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance with options for Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Life Insurance
401k + 4% employer matching program
Paid Time Off to allow time for you to recharge
ZayZoon as an option to access your paycheck before your payday
Plus, discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties all over the US
*Property Leadership roles come with additional benefits such as cell phone reimbursement and health and wellness stipend.
Our community norms
Great people are the key to our success. From corporate team members to our property teams and leaders, we’re looking for collaborative, driven individuals to join us as we continue to expand our presence across the US. Most importantly, we create positive community norms that shape our company culture and inform how we do business:
We own it.
We make it better.
We treat people right.
Placemakr will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our team at email@example.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!