Arlington, VA /
Property Operations – Housekeeping /
Our property team members focus on bringing our business to life at each of our buildings with a focus on executing our resident and guest experience. From our Guest Experience Associates to Housekeeping, Maintenance and our Property Leaders, working together to deliver a world class guest experience.
As the Housekeeping Supervisor at our Arlington property, your mission is to drive the execution and quality of cleanliness and safety for all of our guest rooms and common areas. You will assist with managing our housekeeping team and with daily operations including turning units over quickly and making sure they are in tip-top shape, fully stocked and ready to wow the next guest, as well as maintaining a safe and healthy environment in our high-touch public facing areas.
- Responsible for assisting with the daily operation of the Housekeeping Department
- Prepare daily work assignments for all housekeeping personnel.
- Conduct daily huddle with all housekeeping personnel.
- Responsible for purchasing supplies, maintaining inventory levels of guest and housekeeping supplies, including linen.
- Oversee the cleanliness and appearance of all guestrooms and public areas. Inspect VIP and Showrooms on a daily basis.
- Routinely inspect all cleaning equipment to make sure that all items function safely and efficiently. (Vacuum cleaners, wet extractors, and rotary machines)
- Assist with the preparation of weekly schedules, payroll, and reports and ensure proper staffing levels according to forecast.
- Investigate service complaints and follow-up with guests to ensure the problem is resolved in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and maintain accurate records and safe storage of guest Lost and Found items.
- Maintain close coordination, communication and interaction with the Front Office, Engineering, and other departments to ensure the daily operation is flawless.
- Evaluate situations, make logical decisions on how to direct work and resolve challenges.
- Ensure all personnel are performing housekeeping functions according to established brand standards.
- Control labor relations issues with contracted employees.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Executive Housekeeper or General Manager.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- You have previous housekeeping/cleaning experience which includes successfully owning and supporting room turning and/or cleaning operations.
- You have experience leading a team, managing work schedules and assigning duties to other team members (highly preferred)
- You’re a detail-oriented person and never stop trying to make everything you touch better by innovating our processes and workflows. People are wowed by your innovative ideas and exceptional work ethic.
- You can successfully use your soft skills and relationships to drive team member engagement, minimize process time and increase product quality.
- You have a strong track record of delivering efficient and effective performance while minding controllable expenses.
- You embody the core values of Placemakr
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Performance Bonuses
- Generous Stock Options
- 401k + 4% employer matching program
- Paid Time Off + Company Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties
Placemakr is a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in four cities (and many more coming!) we operate a platform that allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. Our tech-enabled buildings create a one-of-a-kind guest experience and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether a guest or resident is with us for three days or three years, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they are a place to call home.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.