Front Desk Manager
2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC, 20037 /
Property Operations – Guest Experience /
Placemakr is a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in four cities (and many more coming!) we operate a platform that allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. Our tech-enabled buildings create a one-of-a-kind guest experience and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether a guest or resident is with us for three days or three years, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they are a place to call home.
As our Front Desk Manager, your job is to lead your team of Guest Experience Associates by example, creating a culture of high expectations, accountability, and an exceptional experience for each of our Placemakr guests and residents throughout their journey with us. Simply put, your job is to manage your front desk team, deliver exceptional service, and delight our amazing customers.
This is an on-site position located in Washington, DC. This position requires full flexibility including weekends and holidays.
- Ensure that our guests/residents have everything they need to have the best stay possible, so that they never want to stay anywhere other than Placemakr again
- Manage your team of Guest Experience Associates, ensuring they are well trained, supported and set up to succeed in their roles
- Take ownership of the overall front of house operation, collaborating cross-functionally with other leaders and implementing best practice operations to achieve a consistent level of service that meets Placemakr brand standards while beating budget
- Lay the groundwork each day to ensure you and the team are prepared for all guest/resident interactions including but not limited to residential requests/updates, checking guests in and out, assigning rooms, making keys, preparing parking passes, collecting ID’s/payment, answering phones, securing and servicing front door and garage controlled access, and assisting customers with any and all questions or needs
- Become an expert on your building and the surrounding neighborhood so that you can provide recommendations + concierge level services and help solve on-site problems with creative solutions
- Lead by example as a top performer to help your team achieve and maintain Placemakr standards for excellence, including employee engagement ratings, NPS scores, brand standards, consistently positive customer reviews, and more
- Create a culture consistent with Placemakr’s core values and world-class quality of service
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- You have a high school diploma and at least 2-5 years of hospitality/concierge experience.
- You have at least one (1) year of experience as a team leader, supervisor or mentor which allows you to excel at managing all guest-facing employees during your shift.
- You are a people person and love making other people happy. Your personality is infectious, leaving a positive lasting impression on everyone you come in contact with.
- You are obsessed with customer service. Your life’s calling is to delight the guests you serve at every turn. In your personal life, you are empathetic to the needs of others.
- You are a stellar communicator who can effectively communicate with guests from all walks of life.
- You are highly organized and excel at managing your time and resources proactively to knock your goals out of the park- the kind of person who keeps their desk clean and orderly and multitasks efficiently and effectively.
- You’re the kind of person that everyone is excited to be around because they feel like you’re a true team player.
- You hear and see yourself in our core values, and are excited to live by them.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Competitive Pay
- Generous Stock Options
- 401k + 4% employer matching program
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Discounts to stay at selected Placemakr property
- Life Insurance
- Heath & Wellness Stipen
Our Community Norms
Great people are the key to our success. From corporate team members to our property teams and leaders, we’re looking for collaborative, driven individuals to join us as we continue to expand our presence across the US. Most importantly, we create positive community norms that shape our company culture and inform how we do business:
We own it.
We make it better.
We treat people right.
Placemakr will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our team at email@example.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!