2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC, 20037 /
Property Operations – Property Leadership /
Placemakr is a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in four major metro areas (and many more coming!) we operate a platform that allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. Our tech-enabled buildings create a one-of-a-kind guest experience and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether a guest or resident is with us for three days or three years, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they are a place to call home.
As General Manager, you will drive the overall execution (creation and ongoing ownership) of the operational excellence of your Placemakr property through all phases of the pop-up, including budgetary efficiency and the experience of everyone on-site – employees, Placemakr guests, building residents, third-party partnerships, and building ownership/management. You are evaluated through a combination of customer reviews, employee engagement, hotel performance metrics, and measurable contributions to revenue.
- Stand up your asset’s operational structure, partnering successfully with cross-functional teams, including the hands-on implementation of all back-end and access systems, programming of front and back of house spaces, and creation of SOPs
- Support talent acquisition efforts for all operations roles within your Placemakr property
- Develop and execute building-specific reporting
- Collaborate with members of our Revenue Team on rates and terms
- Oversee accounts receivable management
- Oversee, support, and train team members on Placemakr SOPs and programs; build a team culture of high achievement, cross-functional collaboration and leadership development
- Take full ownership of onsite operations to develop and implement best practices geared towards optimizing occupancy, net rates, social and listing marketing, and overall experience
- Ensure all of your properties are maintaining a consistently high level of service and meeting Placemakr’s brand standards
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in hospitality, business administration, or finance, or you have commensurate experience in lieu of a formal degree.
- You have previously led hospitality/residential operations with both front and back of house teams reporting up to you.
- You have demonstrated a consistent track record of positive guest experiences and revenue growth.
- You have experience successfully cultivating, managing, and owning high-level relationships onsite and leveraging them to address competing priorities.
- You have a strong track record of driving team performance and making effective decisions in order to beat budget while maintaining exceptional service levels.
- You are a hands-on leader who supports your team and takes an active role in growing and developing them.
- You lead by example and embody the core values of Placemakr. You own. You make it better. You treat people right.
Our Benefits and Perks
Competitive Pay, Stock Options and Generous Monthly or Quarterly Bonus Program starting at $500 depnding on your role
Yearly uniform stipend
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance with options for Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Life Insurance
401k + 4% employer matching program
Paid Time Off to allow time for you to recharge
ZayZoon as an option to access your paycheck before your payday.
Plus discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties all over the US
*Property Leadership roles come with additional benefits such as cell phone reimbursement and health and wellness stipend.
Our Community Norms
Great people are the key to our success. From corporate team members to our property teams and leaders, we’re looking for collaborative, driven individuals to join us as we continue to expand our presence across the US. Most importantly, we create positive community norms that shape our company culture and inform how we do business:
We own it.
We make it better.
We treat people right.
Placemakr will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!