Director of Customer Acquisition
Marketing – PlacePass Marketing
PlacePass is looking for a Director of Customer Acquisition to drive growth for our e-commerce travel marketplace. You’ll lead the charge to rapidly grow our user base and ensure we are delivering an amazing customer experience.
We’re looking for someone who is strategic, analytical, relentlessly focused on the customer, obsessively data-driven, and committed to results. The right person will be comfortable with a healthy mix of strategic thinking and tactical execution, and thrive in a fast-changing, collaborative, and highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Create, execute, and optimize acquisition initiatives and campaigns across a variety of channels that you determine are highest-impact for PlacePass (e.g. PPC, display, retargeting, paid social, SEO, others)
- Effectively manage a user acquisition budget, balancing experimentation and performance, with a goal of driving down acquisition costs over time
- Own and drive key metrics including CAC, LTV, growth, and channel performance
- Work with our data analytics team to improve customer insights and develop customer personas
- Provide regular reporting to executive team and other senior stakeholders on progress, forecasts, and key challenges
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and engineering teams to identify needs for all campaigns, and ensure we’re working smoothly to improve tests and conversion opportunities
- 7-10 years of experience leading customer acquisition for an e-commerce business within the travel or activities industry
- Proven track record of developing, executing, and optimizing campaigns across a variety of channels (PPC, affiliate, paid social, etc.)
- Experience managing budgets, forecasting growth, and reporting on results in a fast-growing environment
- Strong leadership and people skills; comfortable leading dynamic, fast-moving teams
- Success managing multiple projects simultaneously and working collaboratively cross teams
- Data-driven, proficient in a variety of marketing analytics tools (e.g. Mixpanel, GA)
- Prior startup experience or demonstrated ability to be a scrappy, resourceful self-starter
- BA or BS degree from a top four-year university or college
Who We Are:
- PlacePass is a team of 25+ diverse individuals united by a single vision: to connect people to great experiences all over the world. Boston-based but globally-minded, we celebrate the power of travel to inform, educate, and empower people.
- Since our founding in 2016, we have been building the world’s largest online marketplace for in-destination experiences (tours, activities, attractions), the third largest ($150B+) and fastest growing segment of the travel industry. We not only operate PlacePass.com, but also extend our platform to the world's largest travel companies, including Marriott. PlacePass is backed by an amazing group of investors and is well-positioned to make the most of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity in the in-destination experiences space.
- Amazing colleagues who work hard, but know how to have fun
- Competitive salaries
- Equity ownership in the company
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free Global Entry
- $500 in activities on PlacePass.com annually
- Stocked kitchen with cold brew, kombucha, and beer on tap
- Catered weekly lunches
- Companywide outings (skiing, boat cruises, go kart racing, etc.)
- Friday happy hours
- Quarterly Hackathons