Director of Brand Merchandising
Downtown, Los Angeles
Merchandising – Merchandising
The Director of Brand Merchandising main focus is developing, with key internal and external partners, the brand’s strategy, image and positioning compared to competitors and other Place Showroom brands and the entire showroom portfolio. The Director of Brand Merchandising will create and direct the overall brand plan with the brand owners. The Director of Brand Merchandising will work in tandem with sales and planning on the execution of sales, marketing and showroom strategies including P&L, sales, budgeting, inventory management, marketing, visual merchandising and training. A thorough understanding of the category landscapes is necessary as staying abreast of competitive and consumer trends, while identifying new opportunities and leading the development of new products/sourcing of new brands.
· Work with the Brands, CEO, and Director of Sales to determine merchandising strategies and product assortments that reflect brand vision, core customer, forecasted trends and voids/opportunities in the market.
· Partner with Sales to stay on top of industry activity, trends, and maintain superb knowledge of our category landscapes. Monitor state of business including distribution, brand share, promotional effectiveness, and category trends as well as relevant competitive developments to further drive strategy of the brands.
· Oversee all pre-lining with the brands; partner with the Sales Team and CEO to ensure the brands are properly assorted for each delivery and collection.
· Manage product development initiatives both on the base business and development.
· Review SKU plan and retail selling to drive best sellers, recuts and performance. Creatively build new opportunities in the line such as adding color multipliers. Address past season's retail performance during pre-lining with the team and guide sales into specific "best sellers" for wholesale.
· Manage effective communication of plan internally to ensure all departments of the company understand the brand goals.
· Manage all aspects on In-House Brand(s), including sales and development.
· Represent the organization and make relationships with buyers and designers. Act as the face of Place, continually network with new brands to identify holes in the market, be the go to on merchandise and price trends in the market.
· Oversee all new brand targeting, screening and on-boarding. Responsible for ensuring the Company's brand lineup is always diversified and the Company is properly assorted.
· Oversee the brand's critical path calendars to ensure sell date alignment with trends in the selling and trade show calendar.
· Participate in all major trade shows and L.A. Market; focus on product assortment in addition to selling.
· BA/BS or equivalent
· 5+ years in a director level role in a like environment
· Experience in a high-volume, fast paced environment
· Strong project management skills
· Strong relationships in the fashion industry preferred