Downtown, Los Angeles
Showroom Team – Showroom: Los Angeles
Place Showroom’s Internship program is a highly coveted program, providing a unique opportunity for qualified candidates gain industry experience and insight while earning college credit. The candidates selected for this program will learn participate in various projects working in the Company’s showroom, partnering with key members of the organization to obtain a well-rounded understanding of the business. In addition to the operational responsibilities of this position, this candidate must embody characteristics of the company's core values—including professionalism, integrity, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Our ideal candidate is someone passionate about pursuing a career in the fashion industry. As an intern in our Showroom, you’ll have the benefit of working alongside a team of Showroom Coordinators and Account Executives to work on monitoring and tracking sample inventory, market preparation, daily administrative tasks and tradeshow attendance. Candidate should be hardworking, motivated and eager to take the initiative.
Tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Monitor and track inventory of samples
- Work alongside team for completion of order confirmations and all order maintenance
- Market Preparation, book and confirm appointments for upcoming market weeks and shows
- Maintaining the appearance of the showroom before, during, and after appointments.
- To become acquainted with each brand and familiarize oneself with their look book and line sheet format
- Unpack, steam, and merchandise each collection according delivery to ensure proper presentation.
- Participate in showroom appointments and assist Sales Reps with order & note-taking according to delivery and designer.
- Learn our database program called Showroom Exchange as well as NuOrder and Joor which is used to create line sheets, place orders and create notes for buyers.
- Daily administrative tasks such as organization, filing and ordering supplies when necessary.
- Track and monitor sales through excel spreadsheets.
- Send samples to buyers and LA sales reps when necessary.
- Participate in fashion trade shows and booth set up/breakdown.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Position requires strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Proactive thinking, ability to identify opportunities and jump in when needed
- Must be actively enrolled in school and receive school credit for the internship