Product Manager - Plaid Exchange Platform
New York / San Francisco /
EPDS – Product /
We believe that the way consumers and businesses interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. Our goal is to build the tools and infrastructure for developers to create this next generation of financial services applications. Today, thousands of companies such as Acorns, Stripe, and Venmo rely on Plaid to integrate with banks and the financial system. Plaid’s infrastructure handles millions of requests per day and thousands of bank integrations. We pride ourselves on maintaining a robust API to support the developers who depend on us and the millions of consumers who use their apps.
Plaid is looking for a Product Manager to help us scale our Plaid Exchange platform. Through Plaid Exchange (PX), Plaid is powering open finance via a powerful API platform for financial institutions and FinTechs. Put succinctly, PX is the API for data sources into the Plaid Network. In this role, you will work closely with the teams building PX and bringing it to market for data partners to integrate with the Plaid Network. Your role will be to ensure that PX is a best-in-class, elegant solution with a compelling value prop and an unbeatable developer experience for potential partners.
If you’re interested in making a big impact that will transform the entire fintech landscape, working with senior leadership across our industry, and defining the API future of connectivity, let’s chat! Day to day responsibilities include:
- Establishing long-term product market fit for PX and transforming the future of open finance
- Owning key elements of the PX API design, documentation, core features, and partner integrations.
- Reducing friction around comprehension, implementation or maintenance of PX both for Plaid and our partners
- Defining and delivering on a roadmap for core PX functionality, tooling and capabilities
- Balancing needs, priorities, opportunities and challenges across stakeholders both in and outside of Plaid
What Excites Us:
- 6+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience working with API products or platforms
- Successfully shipping high complexity data centric products
- Ability to balance and coordinate cross-functionally
- Customer empathy and the ability to iterate on a developing product
- Clear communication, and discipline + rigor in your thinking, planning, and delivery
What Excites You:
- The opportunity to transform open finance for institutions, innovators and consumers
- Building out a new platform in its early stages
- Working closely with customers to achieve resilient product-market fit
- Digging into complex platform challenges and uncovering new opportunities
- Working in a fast-paced environment that values self-starters, solid judgment and fast decision-making
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.