Experienced Security Engineer - Security Operations
Security – Security /
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products.Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The mission of Plaid's Security Operations Team is to secure environments for our employees, development, and services. We achieve this by implementing controls that ensure security in the background, measuring effectiveness, and adjusting controls. We also monitor and respond to issues that occur in those environments, address events, and reduce risk exposure.
As a Security Engineer on the Security Operations team, you will implement security around the corporate environments we use, such as SaaS solutions, office networks, and workstations. You will investigate insider threats and behavior anomalies, work with technical operations to harden and automate security configurations of our networks and workstation provisioning processes and work with other teams as new cloud services are needed as we grow. Major projects may include building automated investigation tooling, refining vulnerability management or network/endpoint monitoring processes, and coordinating with the Infrastructure Security portion of the SecOps team to standardize response processes and improvements.
We're guided by our principles, including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, and inventing tomorrow; we're looking for leaders motivated by those same principles.
What excites you
- Secure SaaS services and business environments to ensure business operations are protected
- Build automation for detecting and responding to security events
- Work with MDM and endpoint protection technologies to apply security controls before provisioning
- Investigate solutions to new cloud, hardware, or office space use cases and risks
- Evaluate technologies for improving security defenses
- Integrate security controls across workstations, networks, and SaaS platforms
What excites us
- Extensive experience with endpoint, network, and/or insider threat security responsibilities
- History of implementing security best practices across SaaS services and applicationsHistory of investigating security alerts and responding to potential threats
- Ownership of security controls end-to-end: running PoCs, deploying, tuning, and maintaining tools and processes from greenfield to managed states
- Experience working across teams to smoothly deploy security controls across the workforce
- Proven mentorship skills helping junior engineers level up or onboarding new team members
- Broad familiarity with security topics that affect distributed teams, including access, network, vulnerability, and change management
- Familiarity with security frameworks and risk-based security programs
- Experience using scripting and automation to improve security controls and investigations
- Experience with the risks associated with financial technology companies
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.