Product Manager - Developer Experience
Product – Product /
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
Plaid is looking for a seasoned Product Manager to help us push our developer experience to the next level. In this position, you will own the overall platform, resources, and experience for developers building their FinTech apps on Plaid. Working cross-functionally with Engineering, Design, and Developer Relations, you will enable faster customer launches and smoother user journeys via best-in-class developer enablement. You will also take the lead in ensuring that developer experience is a major competitive advantage for Plaid, and a key driver in prospects’ buying decisions.
Day to day responsibilities include improving and redesigning Plaid’s Learning Platform (such as developer documentation and client libraries); benchmarking relevant developer experience elements across our industry; improving instrumentation and event tracking across our developer journey; reimagining our Sandbox and testing experience for developers; and more.
If you’re interested in defining the future of FinTech, being close to customers, and bringing delight + empowerment to developer-users, let’s chat!
What Excites Us
- Meaningful track record (5+ years) in developer experience. You’ll be the primary owner of end-to-end DevX at Plaid - you’ll need high user empathy, familiarity with developer platforming, and a strong point of view on best practices.
- Customer centricity. You’ll be a key leader in making sure our developers don’t just have a good experience with Plaid, but a great one.
- Metrics and impact mindset. Plaid is a B2B API company, which means DevX is a key activator of business impact. Thinking clearly about what success looks like, and how to track, will be key to unlocking huge value.
- Collaborative mindset. DevX touches all of our products, and it represents a critical customer ‘gate’ to going live with our products. In short, it touches everything! You’ll need to work with a number of cross-functional stakeholders.
What Excites You
- Developer advocacy and customer needs. You are the voice of developers! Stay close, get smart, and speak up.
- Creative, thoughtful competitive strategy. We don’t want DevX to just be good, we want it to be so good that customers cite it as a reason they chose Plaid!
- Developing an ambitious, yet practical vision. We are playing the long-game with DevX, but can also have a lot of near term impact. Balancing both is key.
- Continuous improvement and sensible prioritization. There’s always more to do - it’s up to you to decide what we should do, why, and when!
- Working with an amazing team. The org you’ll be in is fully staffed with other adjacent PMs, Engineers, Designers, DevRel content experts. You’ll have a ton of resources to draw from and great people to collaborate with!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.