Software Engineering Manager - Signal Product
San Francisco / Remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
We believe the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and infrastructure developers need to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
The Signal Product team is responsible for building out the APIs, backend systems and customer-facing experiences that power Plaid’s risk assessment products. This team works closely with a machine learning platform team to deliver sophisticated risk predictions as well as direct signals that customers use to understand and manage risk on their payment flows.
You will be managing and growing a team of engineers to work on backend and full-stack systems, including APIs, services and dashboards. You will be helping to align the team on clear technical roadmaps, identifying and resolving gaps on the team, and mentoring engineers in their careers. You’ll be working closely with product and engineering partners to ensure the team is building the right foundations to support our ambitious product strategy, while maintaining high quality and reliability.
What Excites You:
- Solving business problems with engineering solutions.
- Working on money transfers, especially on reducing risk.
- Setting product and technical strategy, both long-term and short-term.
- Mentoring and guiding engineers.
What Excites Us:
- 2+ years of engineering management experience with significant experience as a software engineer.
- Experience owning a production product and working with a product manager and/or business partners to drive business impact.
- Experience working on customer-facing API products.
- Track record of building and growing high performing engineering teams, including recruiting & hiring.
- Experience working with payments risk.
- Passion for developing your reports' careers.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.