Product Designer - Financial Access
New York /
EPDS – Design /
At Plaid, we're convinced that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools that thousands of developers use to create their own products.
About our team
The design team at Plaid is made up of service designers, interaction designers, writers, visual designers and researchers who collaborate with our peers in marketing, product management and engineering to create Plaid’s market defining products.
What you’ll do here
As an experienced product designer on the Financial Access team at Plaid, you'll spend your time working closely with users and financial institutions to conduct user research and translate user needs into a product that sits at the intersection of FIs and consumers. You will help understand design experiences for FIs to support Open Finance in an ecosystem that involves multiple stakeholders(namely FIs, consumers and customers). In addition to instilling delight with our consumer journeys, you will advocate and agonize over experiences that provide financial institutions with a seamless experience to gain insights on user and customer data.
What excites you
- A product-minded culture with an ability to rapidly move from planning and executing user research to prototyping and testing ux recommendations
- A passion for the financial industry and improving consumers’ access to financial data
- Defining and developing the industry standard for financial institutions to effectively provide user data access
- Working closely with engineers and product managers to establish both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics on how our international products can evolve
- Contributing to our design culture through collaboration, presenting work, and sharing feedback
- Working with design systems to bring uniformity across all our products and platforms
What excites us
- 5 or more years of experience creating and shipping software
- A diverse portfolio demonstrating systems thinking, product design capabilities and experience conducting user research (co-designing, diary studies, etc.), defining customer journeys to test with users and drawing insights
- Research skills and experience designing conversion flows for enterprise user
- An avid story-teller and data advocate, accomplished in effectively communicating their process and design decisions backed by evidence
- An appetite for interdisciplinary collaboration and experience working on fast-paced industry defining product teams
- Proficiency with design standard tools for prototyping and visualizing your ideas
- Experience in the Financial Technology industry or data access related products is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.