Designer - Visual
We’re all designers at Plaid. We are a multi-disciplinary team who collaborate closely with each other and with engineering, marketing, and product management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
Our team of generalists is looking for a Visual Designer to weave iconography, typography, color, space, and texture together as the lead designer of Plaid.com. As a Visual Designer, you’ll delight users with designs that inspire, engage, and excite them. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms and touch points. Like all of our design jobs, you’ll collaborate with fellow designers and across functions to constantly refine the Plaid.com and the design system that supports it.
What excites you
- Being responsible for growing and maintaining the design of Plaid.com
- Building stunning and compelling visuals across digital mediums
- Contributing to and evangelizing the Plaid design system for digital experiences
- Advocating for a unified visual expression across all Plaid powered experiences
- Being part of a design culture where understanding your audience and their needs is the keystone of your design decisions
- Collaborating with engineering and business teams on all aspects of the Plaid.com user experience
- Being part of a culture of shared feedback
What excites us
- You are able to showcase your experience with a diverse portfolio of design work across web and responsive platforms
- You have excellent communication and writing skills
- A strong penchant for utilizing qualitative and quantitative research to guide design decisions
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative development environment
- You’re able to easily collaborate across teams to develop and evolve a visual system that is cohesive, flexible, and communicates our brand across a wide variety of digital experience
- You are proficient with HTML/CSS/JS, or you have enough front-end familiarity to collaborate with engineers on our team
- Bonus: You find drawings of tiny faces to be hilarious
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.