Experienced Data Scientist
San Francisco /
Engineering – Engineering /
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
Data Science - Analytics
Making data driven decisions is key to Plaid's culture. To support that, we need a data science team that can apply their analytical skills to understand our users and influence decision making. This includes: building and maintaining core data sets and metrics, helping the team design experiments and design experiments and running in-depth follow up analyses, and supporting, educating, and providing guidance to teams on their product decisions.
With this role, you will be joining the Connectivity team with a focus on Link. This role is embedded within the business unit and there is a huge emphasis for you to partner with the product owners and chart the course and direction of the product using data. It is the perfect opportunity to expand upon the success of our product portfolio and help identify medium for growth as our business matures.
What excites you
- Working closely with product teams to identify important questions and answer them with data.
- Designing and interpreting experiments to measure the impact of new features on Plaid
- Defining core data sets and schemas, as well as visualizing and tracking key metrics
- Running impactful inferential analyses and data investigations to identify recurring patterns, root causes, and propose actionable product solutions
- Communicating analyses and data-backed recommendations to stakeholders
- Championing a data-first approach toward decision-making across the entire organization
- Mentoring and growing other data scientists into senior roles and establishing a culture of statistical excellence
What excites us
- 6+ years of industry experience in a Product Data Science role
- Deep understanding of various statistical techniques and experimentation analysis workflows
- Strong familiarity with SQL, data visualization tools, and working knowledge of Python
- Technical leadership and mentoring junior team members
- Extensive experience working with funnel conversion and user onboarding flows
- Data engineering experience and data pipeline tooling (e.g. Airflow, Redshift) experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, or a closely related field
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.