Experienced Software Engineer - Financial Institution Developer Experience - Remote
United States /
Engineering – Engineering /
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The Financial Institution Developer Experience (FI DevX) team enables any financial institution to quickly develop and upgrade a Plaid supported integration. We invest heavily in our tooling to facilitate a wide portfolio of projects including seamless self-serve onboarding flow, a clear API validation tooling, and easy-to-follow implementation guides.
We are constantly experimenting to see how we can make the onboarding process easier and build great relationships with our partners. We believe that by enabling more self-serve flows for Financial Institutions, we can scale Plaid’s ability to work with even the smallest data suppliers and institutions allowing us to better provide financial freedom to everyone.
As a member of our FI DevX team, you will be leading the front end development, working closely with stakeholders to define requirements, helping set the technical direction for the team, mentor and help grow other engineers technically, and work closely with our cross functional partners to set and track goals.
We're guided by our principles, including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, and inventing tomorrow; we're looking for people motivated by those same principles.
What excites you
- Building products with real impact: your work will touch tens of millions of end-users, the best applications in FinTech, and major financial institutions.
- Working across multiple teams to tackle ambiguous and ambitious problems.
- Building a strong sense of community within your team.
- Working on both the 0 to 1 stage and the 1 to 10 stage of problems.
What excites us
- A strong sense of ownership.
- 5+ years of experience building products.
- Someone who actively considers the fine balance between shipping speed and perfection.
- Experience with (and passion for) APIs, scalability, and performance.
- A record of mentoring junior and experienced engineers around you and helping them grow.
- Experience with full-stack development, including building server-side components (Python, Go, PHP, or Java).
- Background in computer science, engineering, or another related field.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.