Lead Mobile Engineer
PlaiDay – Engineering - Plai App /
Full Time /
Plai Labs is searching for the best and brightest Software Engineers to work on a culture-shaping consumer mobile experience that brings the power and fun of Generative AI to the masses.
We’re looking for a smart, Lead Mobile (react native) Engineer who thrives in ambiguous, agile environments. Our right fit is someone who enjoys solving problems, deeply understands mobile experiences and interaction design, thrives when learning new technologies, cares about scalability, interacts effectively in a team environment, and takes ownership and pride in the work that they do. This position is for someone that understands the balance of iterating and shipping new experiences + features at a fast pace, while maintaining code quality and integrity.
Who We Are
PlaiDay is the first social network powered by Generative AI. Connect, Create and Collaborate to create content beyond your wildest imagination. We’re a venture-backed startup led by a seasoned team of entrepreneurs with multiple exits and with the PlaiDay App we’re making machine learning fun and accessible for all. Learn more and download the PlaiDay app here: https://plaiday.app/
- Develop and maintain high-quality mobile applications using React Native.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product, Design, and Backend Engineering, to ensure seamless integration of new features and improvements
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Create a flexible and well-structured front-end architecture and call back end API services to support it.
- Integrate analytics, social sharing, and other 3rd party SDKs at a rapid pace.
- Spend most of your time working in React Native to build user-facing features with top notch UI and UX
- Implement fast and seamless user experiences.
- Advise UI/UX designers on interaction design.
- Succeed in an ambiguous environment by providing leadership where needed.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior team members.
- 5+ years experience building consumer-facing applications using React Native
- 6+ years of mobile programming experience developing iOS or Android apps
- Experience shipping one or more native mobile apps, ideally currently available in the Apple and Google App Stores
- Strong experience with Firebase
- Strong knowledge of agile development methodologies, able to manage PM workflows
- Strong understanding of UI/UX best practices and principles
- Ability to work in a fast paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Applicants must share 6 hours of overlap work time with the rest of the team in PST (West Coast of USA).
Nice to Haves:
- AI or social platform experience
- Familiarity with native mobile app development (iOS/Android)
- Experience with AI tools (Google ML Kit, Apple CoreML, etc)
$160,000 - $200,000 a year