Project Manager, Smart Recordset
San Francisco, CA
R&D – Engineering
A great project manager for Smart Recordset will live and breathe the project schedule, status rollup, and release facilitation for the most heavily used parts of PlanGrid. You should be obsessed with measuring project health and team effectiveness in pursuit of disrupting the heart of what PlanGrid is today.
You will work within the R&D organization with the knowledge and influence to bridge the gaps between product and engineering. Working with the initiative leads and product managers, you will expose gaps in project plans and facilitate proper breakdown of work into appropriately scoped deliverables. You will commit to understanding the direction of our product and use this information to convey status within the organization.
Our project manager must take the principles we build our products by and apply them to the processes that run the team: ingesting and processing project information to make it useful and accessible to the organization.
Overall, You Will:
- Coordinate the design, implementation and delivery of software to Sheets, Docs and their respective connections.
- Work with engineering managers and tech leads to build schedule automation into our issue tracking software to ensure early detection of project slippage.
- Perform weekly audits of project schedule and task accounting rolling this information up into our quarterly investment and stoplight tracking databases.
- Design process changes and propose tools that ensure the highest quality of releases.
- Facilitate weekly defect triage processes.
- Own periodic communications to the R&D organization around major product releases.
- Be a point of contact for dashboard maintenance, and software estimation best practices.
In the first 3 months you will:
- Define project tracking best practices with existing Project managers within the organization.
- Implement the best practices defined above within the Smart Recordset Group.
- Update SRS communications and process documentation to match.
- Clean up and standardize our internal JIRA triage and ticket management processes that we will build processes around.
- Roll out new team dashboards to radiate information on Schedule and other key product metrics.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website.