Technical Services Consultant
Pacific Time Zone
Sales – Professional Services
As a Technical Services Consultant, you will drive ARR, product adoption, and services revenue by advising our customers and partners on the technical aspects of PlanGrid as well as feature value/use cases. You will master technical messaging on both security and our APIs, help build and implement integrations for customers, and maintain customer-facing technical documentation.
The successful candidate needs to communicate effectively across multiple departments and customers, have the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice, and enjoys the challenges of working at a fast-paced startup.
About the Role
- Partner with Sales on key accounts to drive ARR with technical messaging
- Work with product and engineering leadership to analyze customers’ technical product requirements and assist in driving prioritization of API and security enhancements.
- Support sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical win”
- Collaborate with PlanGrid’s ecosystem of integration partners and provide quarterly technical updates and support
- Ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers
- Provide coaching and professional development to the Sales team in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills
- Onboard and provide ongoing support to customers and software partners that use the PlanGrid API
- Lead and assess technically-oriented customer conversations, including first level security calls
- Understand customer use cases and map those to available PlanGrid and partner integrations
- Work with the Security, Operations, and Product teams to stay updated on all security and technical changes with PlanGrid
- Develop, templatize, customize and deploy integrations between PlanGrid and third-party systems to solve complex customer workflows
- 3+ years of sales engineering or technical implementation experience in a SaaS organization
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Consistent track record of successfully overcoming technical challenges and security discussions with customers (including SOC2, ISO2700x, GDPR, FedRAMP)
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors preferred
- Bonus points for experience in the construction industry or construction technology
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, Computer Science preferred
- Technical knowledge of REST-based APIs and ability to write basic scripts utilizing integration platforms
- Medical/dental/vision coverage options for you/any dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize 2 volunteer weeks a year.
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website.